Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Rayman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rayman.
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Rayman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Oh boy, been a while. Im doing exobiology thing to hit elite rank. It's my last one for quintuple elite rank. Not to count cqc one.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Flying around Eok Bluae space, (27000LY from Sol) in a RES that turns yellow when I fire a Pulse wave, it has everything a miner wants. One can get rich here. I want her Tritium for the Carrier as I have Gillion miles to go. Third trip to SGR A* proceeding towards Beagle Point, but that is months away. Funny, I have had more direct ship-to-ship chats out this way than I have in the bubble for a month.

fly reckless,
stay safe,
o7
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TinyTove
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TinyTove

Postby TinyTove » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:22 am

I am grinding suit engineering and well.. that is getting pretty sucky. I need Chemical Inventory and I seem to have rolled -10 to finding Chemical Inventory. For a brief while I thought I was going to be boned on Suit Schematic then found the golden ticket of a Military system in bust with the people handing out restoration missions wanting me to restore their military bases... well the double-width maglock locker in the operations area of those has many suit schematics for grindshy casuals like me! Alas yet I have not discovered the sekrit of the Chemical Inventory fountain.

Exobiology? Is there a point? I don't seem to need anything I get from doing it. That Artemis suit will be waiting a *really* long time before it sees any upgrades.

Ho ho ho... that moment you realise that after visiting maybe 60 different Pioneer Supplies you notice that the bright blue (cyan) suits and weapons they offer are actually ENGINEERED a little bit already... ha ha ha... good job me... how many wonderful trinkets have I skipped right past thinking it was just-another-bug...

Rayman
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Rayman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:00 pm

After 10 weeks in deep space, i hit elite V exploration and elite I exobiology

Now.. idk.. Just doing whatever i want to. Gonna try core mining on my python soon cuz i was doing only old way with my cutter

Python: https://s.orbis.zone/i3n3

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:02 pm

Oh well, all good. Not like some who missed a Star.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Wozzlebatneo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wozzlebatneo

Postby Wozzlebatneo » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:00 am

At the moment I am grinding Passenger missions in Ceos to get my Federation Ranking. I tried the "recommended" data missions at Perry's Folly in Ochosi, but I think they must have been nerfed because I was taking forever to lift my ranking. The Passenger missions seem to be much quicker, probably because I have Exploration Elite.

TinyTove
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TinyTove

Postby TinyTove » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:34 am

I shall now return to my space ship and do some engineering to that, broker unlock engineering for now.
I've burned out on needless grind for suit engineering. I realised something was wrong when I ended up googling how to farm some things.

I was having fun murdering my way through settlements looking for things. Yet that is wearing a little thin. Then last night I went to board my ship and the inventory warning appeared. No biggy I thought... actually biggy... the offending category was Data. I have 1000 data units and not one of them is SDP. Ok, I don't actually care about SDP, but it did make me realise... that is a broken game and the Financial Projections I have been chasing I am probably wasting my time. I need to get off it and come back later when they fix it.

There's a lot of stuff in space I've seen that I have no idea what they're for... listening posts... "installations"... mercenary work installations... figuring out those things has got to beat enjoying the death poses of female NPCs in skin tight clothing. Well no it probably doesn't but one cannot live on beer alone.

Rayman
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Rayman » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:10 pm

I haven't checked this site for a long time. After exobiology I had a long break or did something else instead playing elite. I managed to get fleet carrier and im rich enough to keep it for almost 20 years. :D After update where thargoids are invading the bubble, I came back and i was rip and tear em all time. I almost made it to old tier 5 xeno hunter but Artie rebalanced the medals and I got tier 5 with x2. Currectly im doing rescues for samaritan medals

Forked
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Forked
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Forked » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:26 am

Holy crap, this thread is still alive after more than 8 years? :o
back on topic: I haven't played ED in a long time. It's something I intend to do again, but then I ..don't.

From what I've read, I understand that they removed the VR support? :|

Jord Varelse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jord Varelse

Postby Jord Varelse » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 am

I am gearing up for my first 10,000 Ly Exploration Expedition.
Slowly.
Figuring out what has changed in the last 5 years, before my break from E:D.
Training landing and approach maneuvers, avoiding pirates.

Return to “General Discussion”