Oldscaley
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Oldscaley
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Oldscaley » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:13 am

Greetings....

Currently about to set out to raise my combat status from 'runs away screaming' to 'hides behind large asteroid'.......

All the best CMDRs o7

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 pm

Greetings Commander Old Scaley -o7-

if you ever want / need help with combat ( back up / training ), earning credits , in Horizons or Odyssey please just come to one of our group Mobius Commanders Reunion ( one day Logic might put the Discord Link up lol )

there is never a need to shy from Combat when you have friends Commander - and there is a lot of Profit to be made!

Hope to see you out this way in the black -o7-

cmdr delane walker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: delane walker

Postby cmdr delane walker » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 am

tbh i am at a point where i am exploring the more subtle niches of various weapons and set ups, having already reached godmode level. Other than this i am tempted to delete my save to begin again so that everything has purpose once more, as im losing interest in the game.
sad to say to enthusiasts, and i really like this game. I rapidly got thousands of hours in it. But the regret after i delete a top level save and begin again small and vulnerable is keeping me from deleting my save, that and my other issue of the enemies i made along the way.

sometimes i long to go back to the simplicity of being a cargo hauler in Dromi and Matet.
I have another save as i bought the game twice but i dont play it, and i dont have any ARX purchased for that account.
I bought the game again for the purpose of having a save at the start should i ever choose to delete my top level save.

speakin of which, it is highly lame that one cannot completely dissapear in elite even with a new identity,
or that to restore a save after the post delete regret that you need to ask Fronteir to do it (and be nice about it also)
when the control over it should remain in the hands of the player. We should also have multiple saves.

Rayman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rayman.

Postby Rayman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Finishing ody grind after 2 months with some breaks. Then back to proper gameplay.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:25 pm

Greetings Commanders - o7-

oh its been a while, lets catchup -

Completed most of the Ody Grind in regards to weapons, suits, and engineering. There is always a little more, but I struggle to find the effort to put into it as the performance is quite poor at the moment.

Close to obtaining the primary triple Elite, that has been a want for some time, a little gutted that FDev decided to add several more consecutive leves to the Elite rankings - kinda dminishes that challenge for me considering there is now 5 levels to get if I have read that correctly.

The Might Tharg =

Finnaly got some Thargoid killing in, decided to do the $1Bn Combat Bond Hand-In challenenge - sounds like a lot but its only about 35 Threat 6 Kills =) - lol only 29 Thargies left to go.

I now have a pet - I call it Thull, and he/she/they sits on the dashboard - a disowned - growth stuntted Thargie - I have to keep it away from the Frameship Drive - as it tries to eat the meta-alloys from the casing... but over all it is a good pet....

Thull posing at the Pax Magellanic Fleet Carrier

A day Trip out

Other than that enjoyed another trip out to Colonia started a small fleet of vessels out that way, perhasps oneday I will make it out to Beagle Point to see what all that fuss is about.

With friends we were able to save the Fleet Carrier friendship as it had run out of Fuel just over 5,000 light years from the bubble.

@Commander delane walker - o7-

I like the idea that you could **buy** a new Identiy with in-game space credits - that would pretty cool. Espcially if it randomized your arx purchases as well ( within the same item costs etc ) - But sadly I have to admit that Odyssey has kinda knocked the wind from the solar sails for the game for me.... perhaps a break - a holiday from the grinds if you will ;)

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:56 pm

The oddity of Odyssey is far from enjoyable from the quirks of dropping out of SC seeing old screens and shaking like a leaf in the wind, we lost the slickness of driving our SRV to that stall feeling throttling up to speed from 1 to 10. Then there is the number of clicks to turn in a mission, rinse and repeat for more than one, oh joy. Frontier appears to succeed where few have gone before, that is creating software which increases the chance of error and taking longer to do a simple task, perhaps MsDos or Win 2.1 wins there, but we did have Dr-Dos and DESQview. 12 days ago I sent in a ticket followed my two emails and still no answer. Woke early today and called them problem-solved, no big deal, and I still really like frontier frustration game.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zetr0
Competent
Competent

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:33 am

@Commander tinitus -o7-

Its good to read you commander - I trust you are well out here in the blakc.

Sadly the FDev frustration mini-game / side quest is quite the thing -

About a month ago - I was at the bar in Rushworth Station ( Pikum ), I traded over for 3 unites of Tungsten Carbide to finish a weapon upgrade - went to the Pioneer Services next door, and all my assets where gone.... I checked at the backpack, went to my ship nope, logged out - and back in - all gone.. I checked EDDiscovery game the history and apparently they were sold.

When I contact FDev exlpaing the situation, we emailed back and forth wwwhere I was informed that it was deffinately my fault and to pay attention to the game ( that was a good one ) and that there was no known issue with bar tender -

2 days later, there was patch notes including in the last big patch that patched the Bar-Tender

Please note Rushworth Station is well know for assets (* re: NPC's ) just floating in all places at that station, I am sure its a game to them.

Yes I sent pictures too...

But lets be serious - they are just desk jockeys, I doubt they could fly a space-ship ;)

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:23 pm

I was talking to a bartender and got booted out the into space. Zetr0, I believe I read a reddit comment similar to your situation, but not sure about the location. To be fair, some Supercruise (manually dropping) could be lagging, especially the sound effect arriving before the visual. I do not enjoy the "VR" feet of EDO plan on remaining space side for now. Wishing FDEV will remove the entire changing ships video, if tonnes of T9 cargo can transfer ship-to-ship in space, so can ship swapping or disable while broken. Anyway, fly-safe, kill quick.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Rayman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rayman.

Postby Rayman » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:58 am

im doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqUpOl7bT0&t=981s

Killed the speedy boi. Basilisk. Image

Now im just colelctign quickly mats to get shiedless chieftain against all thargoid variants. My kraitk mk2 build is for beginners and doing solo to kill basilisk is pain.
Last edited by Rayman on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinder
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: thinder

Postby thinder » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:43 am

Hi all! I am in Eol Prou PC-K c9-221 where my carrier the Charles De Gaulle (H4M-33Y) is orbiting around Eol Prou PC-K c9-221 5, inner side of the ring where I mine Tritium, but only Solo mode so far.
I traveled from Wolf 363 and have been trying to get in touch with members of the Fuel Rats since I managed to set up my mIRC without much success, I was wondering if you guys are still active because I would like to join and start training.
It took me a lot of time since I was rescued by two of the Fuel Rats members, I was not confident enough to do so and I wanted to aquire experience and build up a small fleet before joining.
I can offer full services access to my Fleet Carrier to all members of the Fuel Rats for as long as I can park it next to a good mining spot for obvious reasons of services and fuel cost.
I'll be around for a while because even if I wanted to travel back to Wolf 363, I still need to mine about 4000 tons of Tritium... Wish me luck with that.

Return to “General Discussion”