Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Kentai wrote:Awesome. I'll check out discord then. Makes sense about randomizing the starting areas to control ganking. I'll look into Jameson Memorial as well. Thanks for the advice cmdrs! o7

No rush to look into Jameson.
It's a special system with a station that sells every module in game for 10% off normal value.

Problem is you need to be Elite ranked in one of the three to get access.
Meaning you will have about a billion in assets already.

Basically the game see you can afford anything anyway so it gives you a discount..

Besides since launch we have the Li yong Rui stations that has a 15%for both ships and modules.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Chunter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ChunterGB
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Chunter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:58 am

still hunting those elusive high grade emissions, oh what fun.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Chunter wrote:still hunting those elusive high grade emissions, oh what fun.

Scanning the nav beacons in systems now reveal all USS's regardless of range.
And all USS's now have a several minute long timer shown in the top right of your hud when selecting one in cruise.

With this. Any uss is hardly elusive anymore.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:49 am

So five or so days mining in the alt account.
By days I mean 1-2 hour sessions per at most.

And he's gone from a python and 90 mil in wallet. To blowing past three trade ranks and hitting 940 mil in wallet and founders access.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

GaidalKain
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GaidalKain

Postby GaidalKain » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:35 am

ATM I'm bouncing between different 'gigs'..
Performing OoM missions, uping Fed/Emp Ranks, doing my 1st sets if ENG work, bit 'o mining...
soon I'm planning on my 1st Guardian Ruins trip...

Kentai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arryn Royce

Postby Kentai » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Last night I tried to land at Trophy Camp to visit the engineer but after getting landing clearance I noticed an npc was sitting in my designated landing bay. I initially tried to land on top of him, thinking it was possibly a graphical glitch but sure enough he was taking up my spot. I waited a few minutes and finally cancelled my landing request and started another one. Not sure how it happened but a few seconds after getting my second landing confirmation I got a loitering fine. I was finally able to land but now I have a fine, meaning I can't talk to the engineer or any contacts at Trophy Camp. So it looks like I have to leave the freaking planet to find a place to pay my 600cr fine before I can go further lol.

Quinnlyn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Thalestr

Postby Quinnlyn » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Kentai wrote:Last night I tried to land at Trophy Camp to visit the engineer but after getting landing clearance I noticed an npc was sitting in my designated landing bay. I initially tried to land on top of him, thinking it was possibly a graphical glitch but sure enough he was taking up my spot. I waited a few minutes and finally cancelled my landing request and started another one. Not sure how it happened but a few seconds after getting my second landing confirmation I got a loitering fine. I was finally able to land but now I have a fine, meaning I can't talk to the engineer or any contacts at Trophy Camp. So it looks like I have to leave the freaking planet to find a place to pay my 600cr fine before I can go further lol.

There is currently a bug where NPC's do not leave landing pads properly. They either just sit there or they do a vertical loop and slam down onto the landing deck and get stuck. You'll get denied docking access because they're still considered "on the pad". Logging out and waiting a couple minutes usually removes the NPC. Same with supercruising out and back in again.
Mobius America group. Feel free to send a friend request ingame!

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 am

i had that bug yesterday too. refreshing the instance kept giving me the drunk pilot for quite a while.

Was mining with two friends who never tried it since chapter 4.
We were all 3 in supercruise closing in on our target planet until we all dissapeared from each other's sensors (in wing).
Had to drop and reengage SC to see each other and drop in the rings.

Once in the rings, it was a bugfest of awesome proportions.

We find our first asteroid and i explain to them how to blow it up. slightly too much explosive but whatever. we're here to experiment, not for the moonies.. Charges go up, asteroid doesnt...
I fire more charges to remaining fissures to the blue zone in the charge level graph... Boom, nothing...
3rd time, running out of fissures but it goes up in pieces..

I start using the abrasion blaster, bits just do not appear, but i see one of my friend's limpets fly to them and collect. He could see the chunks, not me.

Next asteroid, same thing. Charges set perfectly, and blows up on the second attempt. Still the ore chunk bug

Last asteroid we tried 3 times to blow up. every single time the charges were laid out alright but it never went to pieces.
I close in to fire charges and try a 4th time. i fire my charge at a fissure and it blows up the asteroid on impact, taking almost all my shields with it.

My buddy tried the subsurface missiles, and the depth graph never came up on his HUD despite the drill being engaged (i could hear it on my end).

When using the pulse wave scanner, some asteroids would flicker in yellow after the scan is done. Sometimes show up in yellow, and won't be yellow at the next scan.. then flash yellow again.

I mined quite a bit alone, and never faced that many bugs, pretty awesome really. Virtually unplayable.

We still managed to make a pretty penny. I banked around 5 millions cr with 10 tons of ore only. Can be really profitable in solo i guess

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:23 pm

LeDoyen wrote:We still managed to make a pretty penny. I banked around 5 millions cr with 10 tons of ore only. Can be really profitable in solo i guess

Yeah been doing that on the alt this week.
An hours worth of mining would be 120mil easy.

Took me a while, but after a few sessions I learned to recognise the good from all the test using the pulse wave scanner.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Return to “General Discussion”