Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby TorTorden » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:18 am

bl00dh0und9 wrote:Sheet, didn't realize the Harrier was added. I'm going to have to get that at some point. I started with the Ka-50 and A-10 years ago. I have the P-51, I think the Sabre, and maybe one or two more.

Elite related - took the ship out of hibernation after being away for a while. Still working my way towards Azrael. Slowly but surely.

Came out about a year or so ago I think.
But is still considered in a pre-order state and not fully feature complete.
It is fun though and complicated.

The manual is a mere 175 pages.
https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides- ... arrier-ii/

Now there is also an f-14 coming soon. This winter they say.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby bootsam » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am

Apologies to two commanders in white and black condas at Guardian site last evening. My PD went off as I approached against the drones. I immediately withdrew and switched to solo. Sorry if I hit anyone accidently.

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Playing in beta.......After redoing my bindings and macros.......

Been away for a few months......Never tried a Krait......

Bought one and been piss balling about swapping shit from my engineered Python.....

Done a few transport missions over the past few days to get used to the new system......

Took it into combat tonight......Nothing heavy just BH at a nav.....

Must say quite impressed......

Took on a few lower ranked wings of 3 (Cobras, Vipers, Eagles etc) and won.......Deadly Python stands out(Good battle)........Loads more....Made a mill and logged out....

Will have to change combat pip management macros for this ship and hold back on the throttle/joystick movements though as a bit twitchy ......

Also try to remember nose up and nose down AOA for specific weapons......

But overall I quite like it......A few tweaks and this could become my main ship........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:

I finally got around to engineering and deciding what to do with the Krait recently. It IS a nice ship. Try this if you're looking for something new... I put three large PA's on top, and then two pulses on the front mediums. The 3 PA's are close together and in a level line. Engineer the weapons how you prefer, of course. I but efficient oversized on 2 of the PA's and overcharged, thermal on the center one. It's not always fun aiming at smaller ships with fixed weapons, but, regardless of the ship, when those PA's hit... they HIT.

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Also, I am in Mobius PVE still, waiting to get into Mobius America. HR 1064 has always been one of my go-to spots to operate out of when I'm doing anything (for various reasons), and it's close to OoM territory. I noticed that nearly every Mobius system is in an Outbreak.
Sooooo.... I will be down there tonight in Mobius PVE, and hopefully Mobius America, doing missions and working on these outbreaks if anyone is about. I have no plan to what I'm up to other than operating in the area and trying to diminish the Outbreak.
We need to get control of Azrael back, too.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Been away for a few months......Never tried a Krait......

Glad you got a chance to give a Krait a try, Kharma. I really enjoy it. Great medium size combat ship and with an SLF, it's pretty solid in a Haz-Res. A wing of 2-3 Kraits can take on any wing of NPC's you'll find in the Res. They're great for assassination missions, too.

If you haven't tried the Chieftain yet, it's a ton of fun in the RES, especially in VR. Fantastic view and the ship is nimble as hell.

I haven't used my Vette in months, ever since the Krait and Chief came out.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:
If you haven't tried the Chieftain yet, it's a ton of fun in the RES, especially in VR.

I found that the Chieftain, Crusader and Challenger are all about the same ship. So, you really only need one of them. I would highly suggest taking the Challenger. It's just as fast, just as nimble, has a bit more room, a bit more firepower, and it's hardpoints are just placed wonderfully. There are a ton of possibilities for weapons placements and combo's with how the hardpoints are set up.
I keep seeing people in Chieftains and all I can tell you is... swap it out for the Challenger. That's like flying a T-9 when the T-10 is out.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Playing in beta.......After redoing my bindings and macros.......

Bought one and been piss balling about swapping shit from my engineered Python.....

Done a few transport missions over the past few days to get used to the new system......

Took it into combat tonight......Nothing heavy just BH at a nav.....

Must say quite impressed......

Took on a few lower ranked wings of 3 (Cobras, Vipers, Eagles etc) and won.......Deadly Python stands out(Good battle)........Loads more....Made a mill and logged out....

Will have to change combat pip management macros for this ship and hold back on the throttle/joystick movements though as a bit twitchy ......

Also try to remember nose up and nose down AOA for specific weapons......

But overall I quite like it......A few tweaks and this could become my main ship........

Krait is rather good.
Got mine fitted with three fixed beams on the large, two overcharged multi's on the class 2 and it does about as much damage as the corvette...
And it's got a fighter bay.
And boost speed is >500.

And still has about 31Ly jump range.
But that is with a guardian booster.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 am

Mine has 2 gimballed beams (Efficient, Regen) on top outer......

Overcharged PA (Phasing) in the centre.......

Two Multis (Rapid fire - Incendiary, Rapid fire - Corrosive) down under.......

I have about 30Ly jump without a Guardian booster...But this stuff did come from the Python which was engineered to fuck.....

I *think* my cruising speed is about 300 and boost about 500.....Will check that next time in game and alter if necessary......

Heat management seems good and I have a shit load of power to spare......Currently running at 64% when deployed......

So might mix it up a bit......Store the efficient regens and engineer another pair differently.....

Actually I will have to take a look at what I have stored....I can't remember now.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Go heat vent on the beams at least all but one.
(I don't bother with regen anymore it's not your around to need the healz)

It's like popping a heat sink when you fire at anything medium to large.
And the regen feature come with a 10% damage penalty.

Yeah you can get more than 30 but my build is balls out combat.

Armoured and armed to teeth.

You really should unlock that fsd booster.
It's actually quite fun to do, if you like doing SRV things and it's not a one off.
What you unlock is the ability to buy them in outfitting without limits.

Inow one unlock and you can put them on the entire fleet.

Btw my asp does about 62ly.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Return to “General Discussion”