Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Imperial Cutter

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:35 am

Finally after a huge grind and thanks to Classified Data Courier Missions achieved the Empire Rank Duke, can buy her here right now at 6% discount. Gentil Hub in the Harm System is discounting a Cutter at 15%, Jameson Memorial, Shinrarta Dezhra is reading 10%. I do not know about the outfitting Mods available at those Stations but for that kind of discount buy there outfitting her later. May look in the Erio System which is nearby the Cutter was listed at 188 million when I drooled over her but that was awhile go and am still drooling. Better leave before I click the buy Button.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Re: Imperial Cutter

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:04 am

Jameson Memorial is the station of Founder's World. It has every part and ship in the game, at a discount too, mind you.

But you can't get there unless you're a founder, or an elite in one of the ranks.

Grats on the cutter. I love mine. It's a sweet freakin' multirole.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:45 am

Darr Valen wrote:Jameson Memorial is the station of Founder's World. It has every part and ship in the game, at a discount too, mind you.

But you can't get there unless you're a founder, or an elite in one of the ranks.

Awesome thanks for the information may as well put that permit to use. Buy something to run over there with and fly her back. Thanks again, oh I know it going to be sweet.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:39 am

tinnitus wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Jameson Memorial is the station of Founder's World. It has every part and ship in the game, at a discount too, mind you.

Awesome thanks for the information may as well put that permit to use. Buy something to run over there with and fly her back. Thanks again, oh I know it going to be sweet.

Oh wow, you're E² and haven't been to founders? Go now! lol, Shinrarta Dezhra is the Elite system. It's pretty awesome, but watchout for The Darkwheel. There's plenty of good conversation at or outside Jameson, since it's the hub of mostly experienced Elites.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Darwin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:21 am

Try and buy the ship at the largest discount, 15% saves money both on the purchase, but also on the insurance, and is the one thing you cant change later.

As for outfitting the more expensive larger modules the same applies, go for the LYR discount of 15% to make rebuy cheaper.

Always fly with rebuy!

Most outfitting I have swapped modules at IX or Diagrundi for the 15% discount.

Everything else is Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:29 am

Cannot recall being there but for some reason believe I may have bought either a FAS or FDL there. Usually fly to a System once a permit is issued. Hit those Thrusters and ROAR baby ROAR, wow a what a ride. Flew it around the station a few times then jumped back to main base. Taking it off the sun is a little different than the Clipper but all ships are. May as well stay awake and fly all night. Thanks for the help.
Image]

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:48 am

If you have Founders, the outfitting has the best choice, and 10% discount.

In open you occasionally get someone wanting to try out their new toys on you.

Place started going downhill when the first player Elites started arriving :roll:

The Cutter is my ship of choice for everything these days. Class 3+ Dirty Drives help with the manouverability ;)

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:25 am

My fave ship is the Cutter. I have two - one for trade and one for TotalGnarlDeathAndEveryThingElse. I buy them from the Chinese Takeaway (Gentil Hub in Harm).

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Cutter is love. Cutter is life.

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:08 pm

I love the cutter, it's rapidly turning in to my favourite ship. I initially bought mine at Jameson Memorial, kitted it out and then re-bought in Harm to take advantage of the the cheaper price and consequently the cheaper insurance.
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Return to “General Discussion”