Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Ceos - New Dawn Station

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:28 pm

So let me start by saying it was fun seeing a bunch of CMDRs in one space, but I really want to say bravo to whoever was out there in the Vette. Must have taken a lot of patience to get there lol. I did not catch your name but kudos, seriously. It actually inspired me to re-outfit my Cutter to make the trip.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Ceos - New Dawn Station

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:56 pm

It certainly is a trek. :P Agreed that a Vette commander either loves tons of jumps, or has a heck of a RNGineer FSD.

I've been running in this weekend in my Cutter. About 20-24 jumps to Ceos from the bubble, and 33-35 back with 650ish tons of money making missions. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

bailablestone12
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: bailablestone12

Postby bailablestone12 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi cmdr,

I have been doing these cargo runs in my vette for some time now. It was kind of a challenge to myself as I want to achieve elite in trading with it.

Fortunately, I was able to get the fsd and the drives modified and in a cargo configuration ( 512 tons of cargo, 5a shields and 6b fuel scoop plus all the weapons and modified boosters) it can jump 22 ly empty and 17 fully loaded.

The trip to get it the way it is was a complete different story, lots of grinding, but I am happy now having my multi purpose corvette :lol:

Hope to see you soon and maybe we can wing some trading runs.

Cmdr bailablestone12

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:42 pm

]
JohnLuke wrote:It certainly is a trek. :P Agreed that a Vette commander either loves tons of jumps, or has a heck of a RNGineer FSD.

I've been running in this weekend in my Cutter. About 20-24 jumps to Ceos from the bubble, and 33-35 back with 650ish tons of money making missions. 8-)

I've stripped down to D rating on a lot, leaving some of my mines on but stripped half of the weapons. Later on tonight I will make the first trek in the Cutter, started in an Asp.

bailablestone12 wrote:Hi cmdr,
Fortunately, I was able to get the fsd and the drives modified and in a cargo configuration ( 512 tons of cargo, 5a shields and 6b fuel scoop plus all the weapons and modified boosters) it can jump 22 ly empty and 17 fully loaded.

The trip to get it the way it is was a complete different story, lots of grinding, but I am happy now having my multi purpose corvette :lol:

Hope to see you soon and maybe we can wing some trading runs.

Cmdr bailablestone12

I've gone up as far as the 2nd tier on the Cutter's FSD, didn't have the supplies to go further, but I'll get there.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:25 pm

So I get out there, load up most of my 600+ hold, and two missions do the random BS and go 'Deliver this to Ceos'......7 jumps behind me as I am making it back to the bubble lol.

Bonsaipanda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bonsaipanda

Postby Bonsaipanda » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 am

My vette does 17.80LY when outfitted superheavy. If I strip it down it could possibly jump ~22LY and I'm actually thinking about taking it to Sothis. However, I've just recently been there twice and didn't get any good missions (stayed for many hours and refreshed the board). : /
ImageImage

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:21 am

I don't the data missions back and forth for a bit too Sothis before I got the good cargo runs.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 am

Hello,
Just wondering how you guys got your vettes to 22ly. My grade 5 FSD modded Python only does 21ly. Do you use reinforced/ mil grade armour?

Thanks.
Have fun, fly safe. o7

Gothyl
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Gothyl
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Gothyl » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:58 am

I did the boom data deliveries between sothis and ceos on a asp-x (small ship so you can see the other ports in the system)
Ranked up very fast with all the factions which i think i am allied with most of them now. usually I have between 4-16 missions per faction there (the top 3 at least)

I lot of the missions are mining ones or donation of commodities like clothing, domestic goods etc. It good to look at sothis and ceos for mission as I get some really good missions like take 12 slaves from ceos to sothis for 7 mil. While i was stacking up mission yesterday i made at least 20 mil doing those as they popup.

I might buy a t6 in the system so i can visit the smaller ports to check for a wider range when my cargo is full i change to my conda.
CMDR GOTHYL
Twitch | http://Twitch.tv/dmportella
Schedule: Tue to Sat from GMT 8 PM to 12 PM and Sun from 10 AM to 10 PM
Twitter | http://twitter.com/dmportella

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 am

Last edited by *Al* on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”