Can we stop saying "Name and Shame"?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Can we stop saying "Name and Shame"?

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:53 pm

PTPP - Participation Trophy Prevention Program. To the chagrin of those whose mommies think their special.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:11 am

Hello,
I learnt about this attack on Mobius from the main forums. The little kid bragged about his groups exploits and the response he got was not, I suspect, was what he was expecting. Let's just say there is alone forming up in open to welcome these guys properly.
But the main thing I got out of that post was how quickly the thread was locked by Brett C. FD seems to be having none of this. And I believe they are taking a seriously dim view of this event.
As such, I think the OPs idea sounds cool. The admins post a general NOTAM. Then lock/delete the thread, with thanks to the initial poster for notification.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Excerpt:

"So this last 4 days, we used ourgranted access to Mobius private group to blockade ONLY theSagevon system in both Mobius groups andin Open play. Our intent was not to “club baby seals” but toappose the CG in a role play capacity. Despite what some may claim,we always declared our intentions as enforcing a blockade andallowing them to high wake. Most ignored us and were promptlydestroyed. After dealing with multiple combat logs by Mobius CMDRsand them declaring they would continue in Solo, and after giving verypublic notice in Redit, and further monitoring Mobius's forums (whichare open for all to see) we began to give them a little less time tocomply. Further with the starport being a very short 21LS from thesun it meant there just wasn't much time for us to wait for theircompliance. I assure you that had the station been further from thestar, we would have given them much more time and leaniancy, but wehad to make sure that the CG was effectively blockaded and many CMDRsin both open and Mobius were destroyed."

From here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... er-to-Fdev
"Wibble"

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:08 pm

I vote we dub it: Name and infame

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”