Battle ready a 'Conda or grind for the Corvette?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Battle ready a 'Conda or grind for the Corvette?

Postby smartroad » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:17 am

I am in a quandary. Since engineers the Python is no longer a good combat ship for me (I am not willing to mess about with the RNGinners to improve it). So I have enough money if I sell my Python (weep :() to get a second Anaconda and kit it out for combat. Or do I grind away for a couple of more ranks with the Fed's and get a Corvette for combat?
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Battle ready a 'Conda or grind for the Corvette?

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:45 am

Vette is the way to go.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:49 am

btw

NRG Grid x 8
Hard Ware Diag x 4
Micro Controlers x 4
Ion Dist x 4
Nuo Fabs x 8
Mod Terms x 4
Nano Breaks x 8
HN Shock mounts x 4

available near Urvane this morning

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:52 am

*Al* wrote:Vette is the way to go.

Yup ^^^ what Al said.

The conda is great a great multi-roll ship, but for straight up combat in a large ship I think the Vette is the best. I love mine. :D I don't have any engineer mods on it yet (I may work on the thrusters and FSD at some point) and am very happy with it's performance in the RES. This is my currentloadout.

A guy could save a good chunk of money by using D sensors, B power supply, and running all pulse lasers. I did that VERY successfully for quite a while.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:28 am

Think I got a rank 2 dirty on my vette just over 300ms boost, as well as lvl 3 FSD range I get 17ly battle ready, and lvl 3 recharging distributor, running a compliment of pulses and c4 multicannons and the guns never run out of juice with 4 pips to wep.

And a few assorted shield resistance mods on the shield boosters, with bi-weaves resistance is cherry :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Diaguandri
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Diaguandri

Postby Diaguandri » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:41 am

I went for a battle conda first as it's quicker to obtain and a lot of the modules can be reused for the corvette (like the PP and FSD) so the only cost is that of selling the hull when the time comes to swap

A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits...
- Carl Sagan ^_^

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:11 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

Yup ^^^ what Al said.

The conda is great a great multi-roll ship, but for straight up combat in a large ship I think the Vette is the best. I love mine. :D I don't have any engineer mods on it yet (I may work on the thrusters and FSD at some point) and am very happy with it's performance in the RES. This is my currentloadout.

A guy could save a good chunk of money by using D sensors, B power supply, and running all pulse lasers. I did that VERY successfully for quite a while.

Wow, what a ship JohnLuke, thinking I'm jealous ;). That ship is a force to be reckoned with. I see your a fan of Pulse Lasers as am I. Pulse Laser may be less Pew but require less power and will fire when the Cap is drained. Awesome load-out and ship. Thinking about buying a Conda to run some cargo and searching a post ED 2.1 loadout for her. There is a Station nearby where I can one stop and shop outfit the Anaconda, currently using a 228 ton Clipper. Light on Cargo and Shields but can boost away from most ships. Anyway great ship, congrats.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:02 pm

tinnitus wrote:Anyway great ship, congrats.

Geez..... thanks! :oops: It took me a long time to get it.... and to get it to it's current state.

Condas are great ships too. Don't forget to shop at a Li Yong-Rui system to get 15% off the ship and outfitting. 8-)

Yes, I love pulse lasers. Much more firing time than beams or bursts, since the capacitor doesn't empty too fast. With the Vette's setup, I typically only keep 3 pips in weapons when I'm in battle. It gives you some options for more shield regen or slightly better thrusters during combat. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:10 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

Yup ^^^ what Al said.

Oh you guys are making me miss my Vette. I'm currently using the Cutter to earn as much money as I can to buy my Vette. I sold it after Engineers till they fixed the combat bugs.

And that is one hell of a build, very similar to mine.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:43 am

Since you say you have not used your other conda for battle, I'd say you should still get one for battle. That way, you experience both Conda and vette. Get the conda and use it until you have the rank for the Vette. Use it for combat like you said and xfer any weaps/modules you can if you RNGineer them to the vette once you get it.

One of my only regrets in ED is not using all the ships available (I went from sidewinder straight to cobra and never bought a clipper until well after I could have used one. It's hard to step down in ship capability.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “General Discussion”