Trying really hard...

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Trying really hard...

Postby smartroad » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:43 pm

.. to continue to like this game. I seem to be enjoying thinking about playing it more then I am actually playing it. There are a few things that are starting to bug me. NPC's who seem to be able to outmanoeuvre any ship I own, constantly spamming chaff so that when I do eventually get them in my sights I can't hit them, adding to that their absolutely deadly aim with any fixed weapon. The moment you have any cargo in your hold having near constant interdictions, normally with a wing of at least 2 ships that even with an a-rated Python feels more like a Sidewinder for how long its shields and hull get whittled away. NPC's that never seem to have to reload projectile weapons can can fire with impunity.

I can't even do a salvage mission now without a wing of 4 (two pythons and a couple of smaller ships, my shields down in less then 10 seconds. I wasn't even able to turn to face them before the went (4 pips to shields)) which has caused me to rage quit and start this rant!

Sorry I need to get this off of my chest. I just can't seem to find the enjoyment in this game any more with the overly aggressive, 'aim that can only be done by a computer' and manoeuvring that is only possible also by a computer NPCs. I don't have the skills to play this game any more and I do not have the time to be able to figure out (blindly I might add) how to improve. I am spending most of my time running away, jumping to another system, jumping back and hoping that I don't have another NPC gunning for me. Its boring and I am sick of having to do it just to survive.

Sorry needed to unburden :(
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

energygap
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: energygap

Re: Trying really hard...

Postby energygap » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:01 pm

I feel for you, I really do. I'm kind of in the same boat and not finding it as enjoyable as I once did. Where as I would spend hours playing, I now don't, which is a shame.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:12 pm

I feel for you Lase, it's the randomness that gets me annoyed, I've been interdicted and nearly destroyed but a Deadly Cobra, but have taken down Elite FDLs who couldn't fly to save their lives.

There is something very broken going on, I was just reading a thread over on the FD forum that sums it up well.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 pm

What gets me, is there is a lot of stupid stuff that players have been complaining about for what feels like years and FD isn't doing anything about them. And sometimes when they do, they then later go back - either on purpose, or more likely on accident, which is just pathetic.

Whats bugging me is interdictions. I've avoided them mostly since 2.1 dropped by concentrating on BH in a high security system. Though recently I've been doing more missions and visiting lower security systems and so now I'm getting interdicted. What's really frustrating is most of the time I'm looking at the scanner and there are no ships, but suddenly I'm being interdicted. And then the other times I have an NPC announce himself about finding me and my juicy cargo, even when I don't have any cargo. And I see these guys, highlight them on the sensors, and maneuver like crazy while the drive is charging, but I still can't prevent the interdiction. How are they that fast and that good? And then there are the ambushes where these psychos just want to kill you for no reason (not wanted - no cargo). I think these instant interdictions, ambushes, and the minigame not working properly most of the time, are just stupid things that FD should have fixed a long time ago. It is harassment, plain and simple.

I also do find the rare NPC that can out maneuver my Vulture, or can't miss with those dual rail guns, a little frustrating. But on the other hand, I don't think I'm the hottest pilot in the galaxy and I don't think I should easily be able to handle any ship that attacks me. And if attacked by a wing, more often than not it should probably be smarter to run than to stay and fight (assuming they are not just Sideys or Eagles). So that's why they have insurance and escape pots, because you shouldn't be able to win every time.

Of course, I think most of these problems can be countered by flying in your own wing (not an easy thing for a casual player). And that may work for trading and bounty hunting, but not so much for exploring or grinding materials for the engineers, so you're still screwed.
It's time to give this another go.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Nah, sorry, I quit.

EVERY time I drop into the mission POI within 10 to 20 seconds there is a wing of 2 to 5 ships demanding my 300CR cargo. I don't have enough time to get the cargo. I certainly can't fight off a wing of 5 with a deadly Anaconda, two vultures and 2 other ships (not sure what they were, I was at that point running as the decimated my shields and only just got out with 13% hull remaining). All that against my Cobra 3.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

HazCat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: HazCat

Postby HazCat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Lovely - I stopped playing a couple weeks back, waiting for FD to drop a fix. When I saw the .3 update this week, I was hopeful - especially after reading the responses over the first 24 hours on the "other" forum. but... this tells me they still haven't got it right. Ah, well - I guess I'll just keep my eyes open and hope for another update!
Nullum bonum opus impunita :evil: “No good dead goes unpunished.”

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:32 pm

smartroad wrote:Nah, sorry, I quit.

Noooo!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Don't quit mate......

Ride the storm.......

I'm getting this kinda shite.....

Seems like I'm now shite in combat...Can't seem to get a bead on anything....And they are ramming.....

Fun has deffo gone outta the game.....

I'm just lucky I'm playing with people that make it sorta worthwhile.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:23 pm

No don't quit!

I think FD messed up on this one. The backlash they are getting speaks for itself. However, I'm sure they will fix the mess (we can live in hope).

Take a break for a while then come back to it.

.. and PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD don't anyone say "Git Gud".
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Indeed, with the number of complaints I really can't see FD not addressing this, they need to sell future expansions and if there is no one left, then there is no one too sell them too and FD's shareholders are not going to allow that.

Give it some time, take a break rather than quitting, or go exploring.

Return to “General Discussion”