Trying really hard...

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Trying really hard...

Postby smartroad » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Calmed down a little now. Been out in SRV scavenging on the surface of planets for stuff. Been quite nice and been left alone. Maybe I'll do more of this while I wait to see if anything changes. :)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Don't pick up anything illegal......

Because if there is a base there they send out patrols....

And you will get fucked.....

Found that one out the hard way.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Yeah some missions are just fubar.

Taken a few elite missions. Not seen a single npc.
Then take a mission ranked competent for 1/10 of the former and I get jumped in signal source by kill crazy anaconda with three vultures in support..

I simply quit the mission. Not the game.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Yeah, I had that mission with the insta-kill wing of NPCs spawning, paid my insurance and dropped it. I will admit I've not been playing much recently and I've been finding the combat less fun, but as always with the game, I'll bounce back eventually. I was planning to boost the range on my Asp and do some exploring, although the Steam sale is on, so I might pick up one or two new (to me) games...

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Morgan Bateson

Postby Morgan Bateson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:34 pm

I'm a bit confused here.

I've started playing shortly before Engineers. Loved the game completely addicted.

Then came engineers got frustrated removed the game. FD placed a fix, started again hopefull. Got some series of bad interdictions and uninstalled, thinking this time for good.

Then last week some update and some of the ppl I know who quit, started playing again!!

And yeahhh getting less frequent interdictions and hopefull that now I won't see overrated Elite npc's anymore.

Actually enjoying playing again!

Then read about this? Man OP you just sound like exactly (exactly!) like me a week ago.

So fed up with the game, now enjoying it again.

I don't know what it is with these npc's then. Reading OP's story I guess the shit is still out there nothing changed.

Still I know ppl playing wiping out npc's by the dozen in CZ's on their own. Will we ever learn how to deal with those npc's or will FD ever fix this?

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:42 pm

According to that linked thread, it seems the ship you're flying as an effect on the NPCs you see. I've only been in the Vulture and really haven't had a problem so far, other than one USS where several ships jumped in, not sure what, and I just left. Maybe if I get in my Python or Anaconda it would be a totally different experience, but I'm not looking forward to testing it. :P
It's time to give this another go.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Well just lost my ASP.......

Oh happy days.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

CapitanAceRimmer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Capitan Ace Rimmer

Postby CapitanAceRimmer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:10 pm

I would be very wary with those kind of missions, IMHO they are best left for wings. I would have 3 pips each to shields and engines before I dropped in and have another nearby system selected in the galactic map to high wake out if I see more than one ship present or even just a single ship above my ability. Even a wing of sidewinders can slice you up like a sushi chef in no time.

Be careful about not taking on any missions above your level and don't stack too many of them, even if they are just the simple fetch and retrieve variety, some of these are, in fact, honey traps designed to lure pirates to you.

I am finding now that I get interdicted mostly during missions that are above my level or if I am carrying a lot of valuable cargo. I think they should change the mission acceptance procedure so that if you take on a mission above your level then you should get a dialog pop-up when you click the button to accept it, warning you that you could be interdicted by some powerful pirates and asking you if you really want to accept the mission. The warning text in the mission description is red but it is a dark red when it it should be a bright red so it is all to easy to overlook it (I might raise a bug concerning this as I suspect a lot of people are falling foul of it without realizing).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Find out what is near you:
http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk/ - Pristine metallic rings, special star systems, rare commodity sources, bounty hunting systems, canyon runs, ...

Morgan Bateson
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Morgan Bateson

Postby Morgan Bateson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Just made a jump or 23 with a Python carrying no less than 4 missions worth over 22 million some (cough) illegal and no interdiction. None.

Home safe, netted 22 mil. I'm amazed. Was killed in my asp before last patch with even 4 jumps

"Captain, do you know what year this is?"
"Of course I do. It's 2278."

– Jean-Luc Picard and Morgan Bateson, 2368 ("Cause and Effect")

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Great job, Morgan! :)

I've barely been interdicted at all this weekend, and I've been playing the crap out of E-D. Built a hauler to run down to Li Yong-Rui space on Saturday morning. Built an FAS there and had about 7-8 jumps to get to the CG. No interdictions at all. Got bored with that, and made 10 jumps home without interdiction.

Grabbed the Python, hopped over to Azrael and did a ton of outbreak missions (fetch and haul) for about 3 hours. No interdictions.

I dump any engineers cargo as soon as I can after I am 'rewarded' with it.

When I do USS recover missions I seem to be interdicted a lot, but they warn you about that in the mission description so it's kinda expected. I did a bunch of those missions last weekend and got pretty pissed off about all of the interdictions. (I was stacking 3-4 of them along with 4-6 fetch/haul missions) I didn't do any recover missions this weekend and I am enjoying a peaceful game.

If anyone is frustrated with interdictions, try to figure out why the pirates are coming after you and don't do that 'thing' for a while to see if you can't have fun in E-D doing something else.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”