Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Goodbye Cutter

Postby Sevin Church » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Long story short, I went exploring, got my name on some planets as discovered first. But due to shit luck I'm saying 'Hello Cutter' to earn back the millions lost.

So who has some good A/B/A or even A/B/C/B/A trade loops they can share?

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:07 am

I honestly just use etn.io or eddb.io to plot routes for me. I've heard of people earning about 1,000 more a ton without it, but you'll still make about 10 million an hour in a Cutter within the Empire.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 am

I have been having bad luck with eddb.io, might be my settings. But when I go to a system for a loop I end up only being able to buy up about 100 of the money making cargo. I'll try and switch the settings around a bit and see.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:31 am

It happens to me, but not often. I just switch to another route when that happens, and try to make sure data is only a day or two old when possible.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 am

Indeed, I did that a couple of times and made sure it was set to imperial ports. Making 2.6 mil a loop. :D

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:24 am

Sevin Church wrote:I have been having bad luck with eddb.io, might be my settings. But when I go to a system for a loop I end up only being able to buy up about 100 of the money making cargo. I'll try and switch the settings around a bit and see.

I set the 'minimum supply' to 2000 in eddb to help avoid that. After finding a route, I usually confirm the supply quantity on Inara as well before heading out to try it.

What I like to refer to as "human relocation kits" have been in short supply at many stations lately. When you find a station with a good supply of people looking for a fresh start, check for loops at varying distances from that station.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:33 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Sevin Church wrote:I have been having bad luck with eddb.io, might be my settings. But when I go to a system for a loop I end up only being able to buy up about 100 of the money making cargo. I'll try and switch the settings around a bit and see.

I set the 'minimum supply' to 2000 in eddb to help avoid that. After finding a route, I usually confirm the supply quantity on Inara as well before heading out to try it......

The funny part of that is that inara get their data from eddb. They only sync intermittently and thus Is older than the eddb numbers.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”