Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Patch 2.1.03 incoming

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:58 pm

This does dis-incentivize being elite in combat, or deadly with one other 'elite' rank.

Pros to being elite: founders world.

Cons to being elite:
- Hounded everywhere you go by 100%, all the time, every time, Elite NPC's...that are 90% of the time in a Conda 10% FDL (ship type is what I was seeing). And they are now guaranteed to use eng mods.
- For me in a python running missions (90% of my playtime), that means no Low security systems for me (no police help).

This was all I saw before the patch, and the notes appear to say that nothing has changed for me.

I wonder if, for a mission showing 'dangerous' rank, what I would be interdicted by? I don't think it matters, right? I have elite combat rank, so I get Elite every time.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm

And sure founders are nice, it is fairly mitigated by the existence of Li Yong ru stations and their 15% discount.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:This does dis-incentivize being elite in combat, or deadly with one other 'elite' rank.

Pros to being elite: founders world.

Cons to being elite:
- Hounded everywhere you go by 100%, all the time, every time, Elite NPC's...that are 90% of the time in a Conda 10% FDL (ship type is what I was seeing). And they are now guaranteed to use eng mods.
- For me in a python running missions (90% of my playtime), that means no Low security systems for me (no police help).

This was all I saw before the patch, and the notes appear to say that nothing has changed for me.

I wonder if, for a mission showing 'dangerous' rank, what I would be interdicted by? I don't think it matters, right? I have elite combat rank, so I get Elite every time.

It's odd, but this is not my experience. When running missions I've only been getting interdictions maybe 20% of the time at the most, and the ships varies depending on what I'm in (Condas and FDLs for my Vette, Pythons, FxS for my Python).

From the patch notes (at least the way I'm reading it) they've reduced the number of NPCs with Mods (and I assume they still don't have modded weapons), lowered the level of mission NPCs, and reduced? the turning ability of NPCs. Certainly there seems to be plenty of people complaining that the AI has been nerfed again.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:39 pm

On a side note, I was reimbursed for my multiple conda losses to stupid over the top NPCs during this restart, so woo!
I am noticing more "balanced" NPCs, and I already took advantage of "Dawg's Button" and it worked rather nicely. My only complaint is that they really need to straight up make NPC spawning based on local government, and economic criteria.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Pembroke wrote:...
I am noticing more "balanced" NPCs,...

Yep, they seem to have had their crack taken away now.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Well I do admit I am actually having fun now (actually have been for past week. But I make a point of not carrying commodities that helps)

I get warned someone is coming after (doing a mission out of deciat)
So about a minute later I got jumped by a dangerous anaconda which was a fun enough one cell fight.
Next jump it's a deadly conda and the fight is quite a bit tougher.
No matter what I do I'm staring straight at his guns and not having much luck getting shots on his power plant.

Good thing my booster are resistance boosted (only lol 1 though) This makes my bi-weaves a hair tougher. I also have my pds recharge that allows me to fire the large, two medium and two small pulses in perpetuity.
I now consider that my shaved knuckle.

I did end up spending my cells and sinks before finally loosing shields as I pummeled him into smithereens.

Good times.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Yay, Sirius permit at last.
Although the Cutters docking computer has forgotten how to land.
Not encountered an NPC pirate yet, was getting a little tedious with a hold with possible engineer commodities (not to mention 28 meta-alloys and 10 Jaques Quinentian Stills...)
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Darwin wrote:Yay, Sirius permit at last.
Although the Cutters docking computer has forgotten how to land.
Not encountered an NPC pirate yet, was getting a little tedious with a hold with possible engineer commodities (not to mention 28 meta-alloys and 10 Jaques Quinentian Stills...)

I unfortunately lost my stills with the first conda destruction... Otherwise things have been good after this update.
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Pembroke wrote:I unfortunately lost my stills with the first conda destruction... Otherwise things have been good after this update.

Sorry for your loss. I thought something would happen to Jaques, so during the CG to supply fuel I stocked up on what is now one of the rarest rares in the galaxy, and since then tried to stay alive!

However I cant now try out the new Cobra ship kit I purchased...
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

NPC tactics in RES seem less irritating now. Notice lots of complaints on the official forums about NPCs being too "easy". These complaints usually come from players who struggle with the concept of other people who play the game with different skill levels (actually they probably struggle with the whole concept of "other people" anyway :D ) I guess that's what comes from players who profess that their only weakness is proximity to Kryptonite. :lol:
Last edited by Phillipus on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”