Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Request for Solo Traders in Open

Postby Orkekum » Mon May 23, 2016 5:27 pm

I dont know if i even have an account on frontier forums, everyone on reddit seems to agree that place is cancer.
Sure reddit has their tumors as well, but not as vocal >_>

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Mon May 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Orkekum wrote:I dont know if i even have an account on frontier forums, everyone on reddit seems to agree that place is cancer.

That's like Cancer calling Cancer a Cancer.

Reddit is in many places, as bad, or worse, than frontier's forums.. though I suspect many of the users use Reddit, too.

Icpmcp wrote:
damienvaldes wrote:I had to quit reading the Frontier forums, the PVP whiners have reached a fever pitch, calling out Mobius by name. We're ruining their game, of course.

Good. :evil:

makes sense

This group is very nice for people who don't like PvP.

We are doing a good job at taking away their targets :P

I'll probably swith to No Mans Sky once its out and the current requirements on steam turn out to be true though.
E:D isn't really fun on my Laptop. Can't even really drive around in an SRV because of major lags.(even though flying in space and docking on stations is just fine)

Horizons' planetfalls can lag even the more powerful of Desktops. It's not just a laptop thing.

It is however, such an awesome feature that I can't wait to get back to.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Mon May 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Darr Valen wrote:
Orkekum wrote:I dont know if i even have an account on frontier forums, everyone on reddit seems to agree that place is cancer.

That's like Cancer calling Cancer a Cancer.

Reddit is in many places, as bad, or worse, than frontier's forums.. though I suspect many of the users use Reddit, too.

Icpmcp wrote:
damienvaldes wrote:I had to quit reading the Frontier forums, the PVP whiners have reached a fever pitch, calling out Mobius by name. We're ruining their game, of course.

Good. :evil:

makes sense

This group is very nice for people who don't like PvP.

We are doing a good job at taking away their targets :P

I'll probably swith to No Mans Sky once its out and the current requirements on steam turn out to be true though.
E:D isn't really fun on my Laptop. Can't even really drive around in an SRV because of major lags.(even though flying in space and docking on stations is just fine)

Horizons' planetfalls can lag even the more powerful of Desktops. It's not just a laptop thing.

It is however, such an awesome feature that I can't wait to get back to.

weeeell, yeah, sometime i regret even being on there ._. but at times there are good things!

Jypson
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jypson

Postby Jypson » Mon May 23, 2016 6:02 pm

For those of us who have been around for awhile, wow, times have changed. I remember when the slogan of Open was, 'If you don't like it, go to Solo!' I'm not judging Open mode at all, whatever boats your float, but seeing that thread tickled me on the ole funny bone.

It reminds me of a couple kids who messed up and got put in time-out, and now they want to play again. 'We'll behave this time...we won't do it again!'

Uh-huh...

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

I flew in open alot. It only started to be irritating when wings came out. I have no problem being interdicted by one maybe two players but four is ganking. It is not a sim if there are no repocussions.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon May 23, 2016 6:18 pm

AndyB wrote:
Commander Marque wrote:Only ever play in open, gives it an edge

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

then why join a PvE group's forum?

My thought exactly... ?...

Edit: Just read the reply. Didn't do much for me... ;)

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Mon May 23, 2016 8:00 pm

AndyB wrote:...and buglers are requesting that people leave their front door open when they go out for the day.

Is that so anyone still inside the house can be woken up by reveille?

:D

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 pm

*Al* wrote:I flew in open alot. It only started to be irritating when wings came out. I have no problem being interdicted by one maybe two players but four is ganking. It is not a sim if there are no repocussions.

Right. The consequences are all one-sided. Until pirates and murderers are actually worried about the police and bounty hunters shredding them to bits, there's no point in going to Open. I mean not only the strength of authority ships, but their numbers and tenacity. You expect me to believe there's really only 4 cops in a solar system with 20 billion people in it, rather than hundreds spread strategically on patrols?

I think FDev has made the argument that other players should police things, but that is just a cop-out for lazy programming. It's 99.9999999% impossible for a bounty hunter to find another particular player who doesn't want to be found. If they start putting in tools for tracking a criminal's last known location in the ship computer or station boards, culled from everywhere the perp has docked to the "report crimes" transmissions of their victims, and even allow one to get that info from pirate systems with a bribe, things might get interesting. Maybe even search from the nav beacon. No wiping of bounty when you blow up in a sidewinder. I've even heard someone offer one of the few good ideas from EVE that may transfer over, which would be for players to be able to put up cash to add to someone's bounty. Some potential for abuse in that last one, but you see where I'm going here.

That might get SOME of us to go out into Open more, but I half expect most of these so-called "pirates" would lose interest at that point, as it might actually be difficult. Less "lulz" involved there. I am vehemently opposed to forcing people into Open, or any other punitive scheme against the victims of violence, but those kinds of changes might put more hollow dots in Open.

I'm not holding my breath though, so I'll be seeing you guys in private groups and actually having fun for the foreseeable future.

Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Mon May 23, 2016 9:11 pm

These pirates must have such a boring time with no sitting ducks in their barrel to shoot at, they may as well divulge in a little bit of trading on the side ;)

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon May 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Sounds about right to me.

Return to “General Discussion”