Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Learning to fly again

Postby StaticRadion » Tue May 10, 2016 10:56 pm

So long story short, I left the game for a few months, came back, reinstalled the game, and now I float through space like a can being kicked down a street by a homeless teen.

I don't really have time to try and find FA-off tutorial videos and I have a strange feeling part of my problem is somewhere in my setting. So if you could be so kind as to link some FA-off tutorials and maybe share your Logitech G13+Extreme 3D Pro settings it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edit: Jumping back into this game is not like riding a bike again and I would say it is more like riding your ex lover again. Sure you know where all the buttons, bells, and whistles are, but getting the grove back when in the moment is frustrating as hell.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Re: Learning to fly again

Postby Orkekum » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 pm

welcome home!

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Tue May 10, 2016 11:36 pm

StaticRadion wrote:So long story short, I left the game for a few months, came back, reinstalled the game, and now I float through space like a can being kicked down a street by a homeless teen.

I don't really have time to try and find FA-off tutorial videos and I have a strange feeling part of my problem is somewhere in my setting. So if you could be so kind as to link some FA-off tutorials and maybe share your Logitech G13+Extreme 3D Pro settings it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edit: Jumping back into this game is not like riding a bike again and I would say it is more like riding your ex lover again. Sure you know where all the buttons, bells, and whistles are, but getting the grove back when in the moment is frustrating as hell.

When I come back, I'll be having to learn a new HOTAS.. so that sucks.

Though, with over a thousand hours in game, it *should* be like riding a bicycular ex-lover.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/Isinona/videos

Isinona is the FA master in Elite dangerous and his vids are perfect for learning the basics and tips and tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtD41MRibe4
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Thu May 12, 2016 12:17 am

Loriath wrote:Isinona is the FA master in Elite dangerous and his vids are perfect for learning the basics and tips and tricks.

Thanks Lori, I think I had his videos bookmarked at some point and hell they may have even been what I learned from originally, but they were long since lost.

Return to “General Discussion”