What features would help a group like ours?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What features would help a group like ours?

Postby Shelleen » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 am

Today I went to the FDS at Eranin 2 and saw another group player there. I chose the Eranin faction and he appeared red on my radar, so was fighting for the Federation. Neither of us attacked the other (probably just as well as he was in a Cobra and I was flying my rusty Sidewinder).

We didn't communicate with each other we just went about our business shooting NPCs. So fair play to that Cmdr (I can't remember his name).

However I think that there should be either a comms word to use in that situation, I'd suggest 'Peace' as a signal of intent or that there should be a hard rule of the group, either anything goes in FDS or it's not allowed at all.

I'd prefer it not being allowed personally, I have enough trouble shooting NPCs without the added complication of watching out for another player attacking me. If I wanted to be attacked by another player I'd have stayed in the All Group.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Re: What features would help a group like our?

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:59 am

Vikinger wrote: I didn't meant to step on your toes.

Don't worry, I wasn't offended. You're not a randomly shooting pirate!

CDR Driver wrote:One way to Identify potential troublemakers is to screen group members based on their ED forum posts.

I wouldn't be welcome then, as I only posted 2 messages there and both on the elitepve thread :)

christoff
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Christoff

Postby christoff » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:50 am

My view is that its simple. PvP not allowed, and thats why I joined.
If I fancy a fight with another player I can go into Open play.

However, the second option is unlikely for me, as I'm finding combat as easy as herding cats! :mrgreen:
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:06 am

christoff wrote:My view is that its simple. PvP not allowed, and thats why I joined.
If I fancy a fight with another player I can go into Open play.

However, the second option is unlikely for me, as I'm finding combat as easy as herding cats! :mrgreen:

Yes, and as long as you don't get a direct contract mission against you specifically (not "kill #number civilians"!), which should only happen if you have been bad yourself :evil:, or chose a faction in a combat zone you will be safe from the members of the Pilots Federation (Players) in this group. Even having a bounty does not allow other Players to attack you!
These are the only valid occasions where firing on another player is allowed here.
(Both are active choices by all players involved, and are concidered mutually agreed on.)

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Wolf wrote:or chose a faction in a combat zone

Is this the case? I thought we'd agreed to no PvP at all...I'll have to go and dig through the other posts. If it is this way, it effectively cuts out fighting in the conflict zones for people who have no interest in fighting another player under any circumstances.

Just m'two thoughts.

EDIT: Found this, cunningly hide in the main group description post. :oops:

The only instances where PVP is allowed within this group will be within missions offered to you by the game, e.g. Combat arenas or noticeboard missions.

Having said that, I believe my point is still valid. Open play is where people should go if they want this.

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Maybe we should petition FD one day to enhance the game so that there is a searchable database of who kills who, when and where and while in which group.

Would be very easy for them to code this and solve the issue of proof.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Neillm wrote:Having said that, I believe my point is still valid. Open play is where people should go if they want this.

The problem with open play is not that you may have other players on the opposing faction, but on your own or even when he or you are neutral.
This is why I would prefer staying in the dedicated PvE group even for those battles.
In this group I can be sure that if I stay neutral in a battle zone, no other player will attack me. Or if I have chosen a faction and see another player who is neutral or on my faction, that he also wll not just attack me.
If we forbid this in the group, that would mean prohibiting going to battle zones while in the group. Not a good idea as this group should not cut out any feature of the game itself.
You can always organise a special battle event in this forum if you want to make sure most players are on your faction.
:)
As for missions: They in themselves are part of the game, therefore the Environment. I believe missions to hunt down players will be very rare, as this goes against the vision of FD. I think they will only be issued against players having broken the Pilots Federation code, which incidentially is what this group kind of is about: Don't shoot unprovoked!
I don't expect that these missions will arise in our group too frequently as we are all well behaved, aren't we? ;)

Return to “General Discussion”