What features would help a group like ours?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

What features would help a group like ours?

Postby Mobius » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

have you got any suggestions on improving how the group works or even how to moderate a group like ours.

how will we deal with unwanted players who infiltrate the group to cause trouble?

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor

Re: What features would help a group like our?

Postby Vikinger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Moderation is only something you can do atm. Hopefully it will change in the future so you can promote so some other player can help you both to recruit/accept and to kick.

There is 4 ways we can handle unwanted players.

1, The initial is that the player that get abused he can go to the group tab and block the player.

2. Talk about the issue on this forum and perhaps get both players view.

3. You kick him/her out from the group.

4. If its an obvious greifer you should kick him/her out whit out any delay.

and all forced kick of an player, that just join to cause trouble, should as well be reported to Frontier.

Accidents and misfire can happened. But you cant kill a player whit one shoot.

PvP should be allowed whit in portions of the game rules. And by that I mean. If you want to do PvP in the group, you can go to a conflict zone and choose side. I think that is legit. But not to attack a player outside a station, anarchy zone or in a resource extraction site. What do you think about this?

I think we should have small but simply rules, nothing advanced. and we all play whit each other and not against each other. Respect each other and have fun together and help when ever you can :)

Later when the game is released I would love to sell some of my exploration information ive gathered to you guys :D

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Moderating on this forum isn't something big with about 140-150 members. You can do that :) Just see if in the future you need some help, just see if you can find one or more members who you trust.

2. Talk about the issue on this forum and perhaps get both players view.

I like this one. Just because there may be some unintentional bad behavior in play. Just talk about it before banning, rejecting or blacklisting.

and all forced kick of an player, that just join to cause trouble, should as well be reported to Frontier.

Absolutely!

PvP should be allowed whit in portions of the game rules. And by that I mean. If you want to do PvP in the group, you can go to a conflict zone and choose side. I think that is legit. But not to attack a player outside a station, anarchy zone or in a resource extraction site. What do you think about this?

I'm 'undecided' here. Yes this would be a nice solution, but it must be clearly defined.

Having fun and share, that is what I like :)

Vikinger
Competent
Competent

Postby Vikinger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 pm

I read your Introduction Cmdr Coenen and il guess you a quite new to the game :)

I meant the moderation on the group in game and not on this forum :)

And iam not sure how familiar you are whit conflict zones in game.

In Erinan system you can go to a conflict zone and choose a side.
Either you sign up for the federation or the other faction. There is plenty of NPC fighting each other but if a fellow player sign up for the faction opposite to yours he will be red on your radar so he is an enemy.

So my question is: shall we attack each other if we are on opposite faction or just ignore if its a player?
Its important to clear out the rules in this group whats allowed and not when it comes to pvp.

I will likely not attack any player anyway :) but just to clear things out :)

/edit. Just read the group rules from the first page on the ED forums and it seams its allowed to do pvp in conflict zones.
The only instances where PVP is allowed within this group will be within missions offered to you by the game, e.g. Combat arenas or noticeboard missions.

Maybe you should copy and past the group rules in to this forum as well Mobius. :)
Last edited by Vikinger on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi Vikinger,

I am very aware of the conflict zones, trust me :)
It's one of the boundaries of the 'rules' I meant. Do we allow it there (fine by me!) but if so, it's something that should be defined in the rules of the group as "only allowed in area's of conflict with known sides' or something like that.

There are some however who like to keep this group clean of any conflict between human players. But as I'm indeed new to this, I don't have anything to add :)

Vikinger
Competent
Competent

Postby Vikinger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:02 pm

:D I didn't meant to step on your toes. was just not sure if you was familiar whit the conflict zones :)

But its a good topic to discuss. To allow some pvp, or totally against it.

Iam fine what ever we do as long its restricted and I do understand if other want it to be a totally pvp free group.

Iam not much into pvp anyway. :)

CoyoteNZ
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CoyoteNZ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Vikinger wrote:So my question is: shall we attack each other if we are on opposite faction or just ignore if its a player?
Its important to clear out the rules in this group whats allowed and not when it comes to pvp.

I will likely not attack any player anyway :) but just to clear things out :)

Personally I'm against PvP in conflict zones or missions in a PvE group.

If you want to go to a conflict zone and shot other players,jump back into open for a while. In a PvE group, I'd say it doesn't matter what side you have chosen, you joined the group, so you chose our side above and beyond the fraction sides.

As for kill missions, against them as well. You don't have to complete a mission. I haven't seen any yet, some real question is will you be able to tell if the target is a PC or a NPC when choosing missions. We can only wait and see. If you can tell, then it's simple, only choose kill missions where the target(s) are NPCs, if you can't tell, it gets more complex, but I'd still say don't do it in the PvE group.

Vikinger
Competent
Competent

Postby Vikinger » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 pm

I agree whit you CoyoteNZ .

This group is for PvE and best thing to do is just to not allow pvp at all. A simply rule. And like you said
If anyone fancy doing some pvp they can always go in open play.

Many players selected this group just because to get away from the pvp so actually we should not even discuss it :D

CDR Driver
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CDR Driver » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:53 pm

One way to Identify potential troublemakers is to screen group members based on their ED forum posts.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Re: What features would help a group like ours?

Postby Mobius » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:08 am

screening would take a long time, but if an issue was to pop up then I would check out their posts. as finding out what actually happened between two players is basically down two the two parties involved. and without being there it will be difficult to whom I should believe. I spoke to Michael about managing a large group and at the moment its not the top of their to do list, but after release it will be something. it would make managing a large group simpler.

Return to “General Discussion”