Best missions to rank up military ranks

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Best missions to rank up military ranks

Postby smartroad » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:45 pm

While for me ranking up is mostly a sideline to just playing the game, I really want to get a corvette. Which missions are best to take to speed up my federal rank?

Not looking to grind per say but just don't want it taking months!
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Cruachan Argylle
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cruachan Argylle
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Best missions to rank up military ranks

Postby Cruachan Argylle » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:00 pm

The station in Tun gives a lot of charity missions.

Those are a quick way to do it. It will cost a bit, not too much though

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:32 pm

If you're not asking about cheesing cheaty charity missions, the "reputation" high/med/low is going to be your best indicator. While this is an indicator of the impact on your rep with the local minor faction, it also indicates 'how much' rank progress is going to be handed out.

Find an area with a Fed system that has multiple Fed factions, and use that as your core. Run Fed missions from there and pick up Fed missions at your destination, but stay close to that core system. This will get you the most missions.

Initially, you don't need to get picky, as running the first few missions with a faction just increases the number of missions they will offer. Having a mission board full of Fed missions and trying to do as many 'high/med' is your fastest route.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm

smartroad wrote:While for me ranking up is mostly a sideline to just playing the game, I really want to get a corvette. Which missions are best to take to speed up my federal rank?

Not looking to grind per say but just don't want it taking months!

Well here is what I did, though it comes into grind category:

First of I bought this ship Promoter and went to 17 Draconis. System spawns a lot of charity missions. Once you're there just juggle between open, group and solo - it will reset the bulletin board. Keep an eye on server number though ( bottom of main menu) - if it hasn't changed upon exiting to main menu, bulletin board won't reset that time. To make it less of a grind I was also patiently collecting shadow delievery missions, which pay really well ( cause the systems involved are usually 350+ ly away, hence the asp) and offer some challenge. I managed to get from petty officer to rear admiral by donating and ended 100 M in plus. Also shadow delivery missions boost your trade rank pretty well.

Return to “General Discussion”