Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
SirGirard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ynot Drarig
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

SDC Griefers in Mobious.

Postby SirGirard » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Hope this is the right place to post, I wrongly posted in the "Order of Mobius" and they kindly pointed me here.

I have read a lot on the ED forums about SDC and their infiltration into Mobius and the fact that they were openly gloating about the grief they have caused to Mobius commanders? I was wondering if there is an official response from the group. I may be wrong, but I got the impression from the ED forums that it was impossible for us to remove the "Griefers" from the group and FD's response was ambivalent to say the least.
I come from The Cobalt Edge Null Sec.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: SDC Griefers in Mobious.

Postby Xebeth » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 pm

The official response is that a small number of players broke our group policy and were removed from the group at the earliest opportunity.

At the time of the incident, a temporary issue with the group management system caused by our group size prevented this from happening in the normal manner and FD support assisted with this.

The group management issue is now fixed and everything is back to normal in this respect.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:28 pm

SirGirard wrote: Infiltration into Mobius

Infiltrated? Yes, under the cover of darkness they skillfully crept while keeping a watchful eye as to see that they remained unseen. The fact of the matter is that they were already members of Mobius before there were any difficulties with adding and removing commanders from the private group.

I don't know when they joined the group, but they would not be the first to hide under the blanket protection the community grants while learning and growing within the game only to turn later into little brats who bite back at the ones that protected them in the first place. Mobius is a refuge to all, but that is only because FDev has not yet given us a way to better screen players.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 pm

This is not the first time, and it will not be the last. The group management tools only allow us to remove players manually and one at a time.
Also we have to keep a blacklist, because there is no way of banning players from a group in game.
Until such (basic IMHO) group management tools are implemented, things like this can happen from time to time, and it is unfortunate, but there is no need to blow it out of proportion. It happens very rarely and the chances of a single member ever experiencing something like this are extremely low.
Rest assured, we take our roles as admins seriously and put a lot of work into this group!

The SDC has made sure everyone knows of what state of mind their members are. There is nothing to add to that.
And as the only reason for these anti-social elements of the gaming community for doing it was to get attention, our reaction is not to give it to them.

Therefore this thread is closed.

Regards
Wolf

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:29 pm

SirGirard wrote: I was wondering if there is an official response from the group.

on the whole we don't do official responses, by making an announcement we feed the troll. by keeping quiet and making sure that the incident is dealt with we do more harm to the griefers because all the public see is them attacking, if I was to go out onto the internet and shout from every available forum condemning these griefers then all im doing is validating their existence, we done the same with code and where are they now.

Return to “General Discussion”