Lee0506
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lee0506
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

New res farming ship

Postby Lee0506 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 pm

I need some advice please.
I have dedicated ships for trading and exploring (anaconda and asp) so I am covered there.
It the moment I am using a python in hazardous res sites. I have spent about 115mil on it and have another 25 mil or so in the bank. Is it worth chopping it in for a FDL or a FAS. I am too far away from fed rank for the corvette for the moment. Or do I stick with my trusty Python?

Thanks in advance
Lee

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Re: New res farming ship

Postby Colin The Grey » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Personally I would stick with the Python, it's a great ship and even after spending 500M+ on my old combat 'Conda it wasn't much better than my old Python in a RES. If the python earns you enough from RES hunting ie. around 3-5Mil per hour depending on spawn - then changing it just for RES hunting won't benefit you much.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Courier. vulture, fdl, fas are apparently all good ships

robfm81
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ROBFM81
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby robfm81 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Buy a separate vulture. Your 25 mil will outfit it nicely...

If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:16 pm

For me, the fun factor is higher with an FDL due to better maneuverability, but the Python kills a bit faster and has bigger shields. If you are looking to maximize profits go with the python. If you want to have more fun in a haz-res, get an FDL.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:19 pm

I don't have the cash for a Python, yet. But here are some builds that I have used with success at Haz Rez sites.

Vulture Armor Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/24A5A4A3D5A4C3C1e1e0l040400B22b272525.AwRhrSuo.AwiMIytI?bn=Vulture%20Armor%20Tank

Viper Mk IV Armor Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/viper_mk_iv/24B4C4C2B3B3C4C7e7e0p0p000l452b29272725.Iw1-kA==.IwBhrSukg===?bn=Viper%20Mark%204%20Armor%20Tank

Imperial Clipper Shield Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/26A6A5A5D6A5B4C1e1e7i1b000l04044k055d5d0k2t276b.AwRhrSqi2I==.IwBhrSuriA==?bn=Imp%20Clipper%20Shield%20Tank

Federal Assault Ship:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_assau ... a%20Cannon

The FAS is my newest and so far its a beast! Shields recharge very fast and I can take down the shields on a Python and an Anaconda simply my ramming them. Doing the same to them with their shield down can kill them. Its very fast for its size and very maneuverable.

It suits my combat style :D

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Black Rose wrote:I don't have the cash for a Python, yet. But here are some builds that I have used with success at Haz Rez sites.

Vulture Armor Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/24A5A4A3D5A4C3C1e1e0l040400B22b272525.AwRhrSuo.AwiMIytI?bn=Vulture%20Armor%20Tank

Viper Mk IV Armor Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/viper_mk_iv/24B4C4C2B3B3C4C7e7e0p0p000l452b29272725.Iw1-kA==.IwBhrSukg===?bn=Viper%20Mark%204%20Armor%20Tank

Imperial Clipper Shield Tank:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/26A6A5A5D6A5B4C1e1e7i1b000l04044k055d5d0k2t276b.AwRhrSqi2I==.IwBhrSuriA==?bn=Imp%20Clipper%20Shield%20Tank

Federal Assault Ship:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_assau ... a%20Cannon

The FAS is my newest and so far its a beast! Shields recharge very fast and I can take down the shields on a Python and an Anaconda simply my ramming them. Doing the same to them with their shield down can kill them. Its very fast for its size and very maneuverable.

It suits my combat style :D

Might have to look at your clipper there. Thank you

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Orkekum wrote:Might have to look at your clipper there. Thank you

For the love of god don't go from a python to a clipper. It is like chopping your arms off to be faster in a foot race. Sure you will have lost some mass, but you will be forever gimping yourself.

There are a lot of people on these forums willing to help you with opinions and builds, they don't always agree with me, but to really help we need to see what you are currently running. Give us a link to your python so we can get an idea of where it could be improved.

There is always a chance you may be doing something sub-optimal, read wrong, or that we know something you don't. For example in a RES you don't need large sensors because all potentially hostile pirate ships you come within 7km of will move to scan you unless they are in a fight, that 1t of any cargo will make them attack you first, and that stated values for shield cells on coriolis are wrong since 1.5/2.0.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 pm

StaticRadion wrote:

For the love of god don't go from a python to a clipper. It is like chopping your arms off to be faster in a foot race. Sure you will have lost some mass, but you will be forever gimping yourself.

There are a lot of people on these forums willing to help you with opinions and builds, they don't always agree with me, but to really help we need to see what you are currently running. Give us a link to your python so we can get an idea of where it could be improved.

There is always a chance you may be doing something sub-optimal, read wrong, or that we know something you don't. For example in a RES you don't need large sensors because all potentially hostile pirate ships you come within 7km of will move to scan you unless they are in a fight, that 1t of any cargo will make them attack you first, and that stated values for shield cells on coriolis are wrong since 1.5/2.0.

Clipper is oddly fun in res, i do have a python that i occasio ally res hunt in, but my vulture and courier are still res kings there

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Orkekum wrote:
StaticRadion wrote:

Clipper is oddly fun in res, i do have a python that i occasio ally res hunt in, but my vulture and courier are still res kings there

Fun. Like being a pinball could sometimes be considered fun.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”