Likely a good idea, thanks Phill

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Corvette loadout thread

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Veen planning a Corvette too, and here's what I came up with in Coriolis: Corvette

I have no experience on large combat ships so there may be things wrong here.
-I wanted to try A rated sensors too as I never had better than C, but that 100t more weight is not worth it I think.
-Couple of hull armor packs for those 'oh shit' moments.
-I took 7C-bi shields instead of 7A shields, the difference does not look that big on paper.
-Shoud I lose the chaff and replace with shield booster?
-Does it make any difference to replace PP with A rated, heat maybe?
-At first I had turrets on small and medium slots, but after clicking a couple of your layouts, I see that nobody uses turrets so I took them down.
-Life support, have you ever had canopy broken? Should I downgrade to a smaller one?

Now I need to buy a taxi and find a place where the 'vette is on sale.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Phillipus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 pm

@JustSomeGuy

If it was me I'd upgrade the power plant and the sensors, downgrade the life support, and after a few other tweaks I'd go for this - http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... n=Corvette

Note - A-rated sensors are useful in RES, otherwise you can go with C or D.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Looks sensible to me, I'll go with it. Thanks!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Been testing the class 4 cannons on my vette.

And I'm simply not getting to be friends with them either, currently contemplating running a pure burst fit.
For targeting anything smaller than an anaconda the class 4 cannons might as well not be there.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 pm

TorTorden wrote:Been testing the class 4 cannons on my vette.

And I'm simply not getting to be friends with them either, currently contemplating running a pure burst fit.
For targeting anything smaller than an anaconda the class 4 cannons might as well not be there.

I've tried a lot of different configurations on my Vette. I'm using the two huge cannons, and really like it. My loadout. True, you can't use them on smaller ships most of the time (although I've demolished a few Vultures with them in the right situations), but they are very effective on the dreaded Federal ships and anything from an Asp on up. I have trouble hitting Clippers with them though. Damn thin ships. :x Each cannon hit will take 15-20% off of the NPC's hull in most cases.

With the beam / pulse combo on the other 5 hardpoints, I get great shield penetration. It takes them down almost as fast as my second favorite Vette setup which is 7 pulse lasers.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Sure they work no doubt about that .
Although as you mention clippers and I had a ferdi magically twist out from the cannons.
(Seriously I think they where piloted by David copperfield)

But I'm left thinking what's the point ? when the main guns aren't much help for 7 out of 10 kills.
I might as well show two more large bursts on that works uniformly well.

Anyhoo I'm just goofing around. Sadly the vette is rather superfluous compared to a python or FAS :(

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:19 am

TorTorden wrote:Sadly the vette is rather superfluous compared to a python or FAS :(

I have to admit my expectations of the ship were higher, I was getting good results with only Vulture and assumed that the Fed flagship only have to look Anacondas meanly to destroy them.

I guess I need to try out other gun layouts, found that the beams melt the weapon cap a bit too fast to my taste. For example my Anaconda has a bit weird config, but the wep cap felt better;
4x 3E gimballed pulse
2x 2F turreted pulse
2x 1G turreted pulse
It does not have a combat oriented layout, more of a all-rounder. But that pile of pulses does work, and the turreted ones keep shooting even if I manage to empty wep cap with the big guns, keeping up at least some dps. Maybe I'll try gimballed pulses on all with the Fed ship, just in comparison if nothing else.

Noticed that the Corvette is more nimble than Anaconda or Cutter, but it might be because of those A rated thrusters. The other two have only D engines, I need to try A rated at least for Cutter, it could use all the agility it can get.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:26 am

The Corvette is nimbler than the Anaconda or Cutter overall with A-rated thrusters. But one is always limited by the weapons cap, which is why I always have a mixture of lasers and cannons. Lasers get the shields down and continue to do damage where they can, and then when I fire off a volley of cannons I momentarily give the lasers a break so that the cap can recharge. There's really no point in having all lasers/beams if your weapons cap is drained and you can't fire.

The key thing with those huge cannons (on Asps and larger) is to target the power plant. If I get a good line on the power plant, a couple of volleys of those huge cannons can reduce the power plant to 0% whilst the hull is still at 60%.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:37 am

Yeah I just found last night that if I was over 700m from the target Asps, pythons, Fdl's and even clippers would magically rotate 90° and somehow both shells just passed them by.

My so far longest load out for my vette has been 3 large bursts lasers and cannons on the rest.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Return to “General Discussion”