Another Corvette weapons loadout I use is an all pulse laser configuration:

H: 3D/F Pulse Laser
H: 3D/F Pulse Laser
L: 3D/F Pulse Laser
M: 2F/G Pulse Laser
M: 2F/G Pulse Laser
S: 1G/G Pulse Laser
S: 1G/G Pulse Laser

The class 3 hardpoints are fixed pulses, while the small and medium are gimballed. The fixed pulses are assigned to the main trigger, and the gimballed pulses to the secondary trigger. This way I can let rip with all weapons, but if the target spews chaff I can use just the fixed pulses. The gimballed pulses on their own can be used against those pesky small ships.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Corvette loadout thread

Postby Falcon_D » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Tried an all burst gimbaled load out. Drains cap fast. Good against small ships, but against a Cutter it is a pain.
Now currently running all pulse + 2C4F PACs. Not too bad.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 pm

There has been some criticism that the Corvette's small hardpoints are a waste of space. However, unlike the Anaconda, they are placed in a favourable position on the Corvette. This can be used to your advantage by filling them with gimballed beam lasers, together with a gimballed beam laser in the class 3 slot. For example:

H: 4B/G Cannon
L: 3C/G Beam Laser
M: 2D/G Cannon
S: 1E/G Beam Laser

The 2 small and 1 large beam are really quite good at stripping shields on all ships, and then finish off with the cannons.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Been playing around with builds last few days now I have enough funds for a Trading 'Conda so my Corvette is purely for RES hunting and Strike Zones, added the SCB's because I was tired of getting Scan-Rammed and losing my shields in the middle of combat - at least now I can fire off an SCB if I hear "Scan Detected" while in combat. The fuel tanks are so I can travel around a bit for PowerPlay Strike Zones.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corve ... tte%20MkII

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:35 am

Phillipus wrote:There has been some criticism that the Corvette's small hardpoints are a waste of space. However, unlike the Anaconda, they are placed in a favourable position on the Corvette. This can be used to your advantage by filling them with gimballed beam lasers, together with a gimballed beam laser in the class 3 slot. For example:

The 2 small and 1 large beam are really quite good at stripping shields on all ships, and then finish off with the cannons.

Hello,
Your setup is interesting. I never really liked the canons. Tried the C4 gimbaled and fixed. I kind of prefer using C4F PACs.
Right now I'm running:
2 C1G Pulses
2 C2G Multi-canons
1 C3G Pulse
2 C4F PACs

The multis pop armour on small ships and power plants on big ships fast. Problem is I also run out of ammo fast. Then I just switch to using my pulses and PACs.

I will try and use your setup tonight and see how it goes.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:17 am

@Falcon_D

I've tried the C4 PAs in the Corvette many times now and come to the conclusion that gimballed C4 cannons provide overall more damage. C4 PAs require you to be quite close to the target and a good aim. Also, sometimes only one of them fires. They drain the cap quickly, and if you are using pulses as well, you have to pause to let the cap recharge before you can fire them again. And quite often I miss the target. However, the gimballed cannons require little cap charge, and usually hit the target. In a RES, once a Conda's shields are down I can target its Power Plant and 2 or three rounds will bring the PP to zero. Overall, for me at least, cannons give you more bang for your buck.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:00 pm

Phillipus wrote:There has been some criticism that the Corvette's small hardpoints are a waste of space. However, unlike the Anaconda, they are placed in a favourable position on the Corvette. This can be used to your advantage by filling them with gimballed beam lasers, together with a gimballed beam laser in the class 3 slot. For example:

Tried this loadout today, a bit more complex as it needs another firegroup but it does work, decimates smaller targets with the mutlis, kills the powerplants of the larger ones with the huge cannons.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:34 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:Tried this loadout today, a bit more complex as it needs another firegroup but it does work, decimates smaller targets with the mutlis, kills the powerplants of the larger ones with the huge cannons.

Ah, but maybe you mis-read it? It uses all cannons. Medium and huge cannons are in one group, lasers in the other. No multis.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Re: RE: Re: Corvette loadout thread

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Phillipus wrote:
charlie2alpha wrote:Tried this loadout today, a bit more complex as it needs another firegroup but it does work, decimates smaller targets with the mutlis, kills the powerplants of the larger ones with the huge cannons.

Ah, but maybe you mis-read it? It uses all cannons. Medium and huge cannons are in one group, lasers in the other. No multis.

No, I didn't, but I prefer my arrangement. I also don't want to use both types of cannons at once, would consume the ammo too fast in a CZ. So, multis and lasers for smaller targets, huge and lasers for the large ones. Your way is probably faster, but at least in my case it would result in a resupply departure sooner than I would like.

Return to “General Discussion”