Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
holl0918
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: holl0918
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Corvette loadout thread

Postby holl0918 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:26 am

JohnLuke wrote:My configuration is also very similar to what you guys are running. Agreed that the two huge multi's are the way to go (at least for me). :evil:

What problem are you having with Chaff? Yes it's an annoying delay to the kill, but not much more. When an NPC chaff's, I use that time to fill my capacitors. You can also still attack him by deselecting the target and firing your weapons in 'fixed' mode. I don't typically do that, but wanted to mention the option.

BTW, my Vette is vanilla.... no engineer upgrades.

I notice that both you and the post before you use a combination of beams and pulse lasers. Have you considered something like this:
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corv ... Trucidator

The burst lasers fire for the same amount of time as 1 large and 2 medium pulse with 2 small beams, but they do much more hull damage, have much better armor penetration, and are much better for use against modules.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:19 am

holl0918 wrote:I notice that both you and the post before you use a combination of beams and pulse lasers. Have you considered something like this:
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corv ... Trucidator

The burst lasers fire for the same amount of time as 1 large and 2 medium pulse with 2 small beams, but they do much more hull damage, have much better armor penetration, and are much better for use against modules.

Thanks for the tip, hollo918. :)

I may give burst a try, but it'll mess with my power management a bit. They need a fair amount more juice than my current configuration. I'll be an interesting test! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:24 pm

I gave Huge cannons one last try on my Corvette. Basically, they're pea-shooters. Must have been nerfed somewhere. So I put back the Huge Multi-cannons and went to see Tod the Blaster. He fixed me up with two level 5 sturdy mounts (increased damage as well) and I got a corrosive shell effect thrown in for free. Bargain.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Only success I ever had with cannons or rails, in any ship, was against large targets. I can't stand using them in average encounters.

Built with multi's though my vette rips through everything. Tack on my burst lasers and I just watch the targets melt.

gravitycat24
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: gravitycat24

Postby gravitycat24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:45 am

I'm not a current Corvette owner, nor do I have all that much experience with expert level Rez-Hunting with large ships as I skipped over the Python and went straight for a FDL but... Well, i've been thinking of some Corvette loadouts and I was wondering if this is good for a bare bones, cheap as can be 'Vette while being combat capable.

I give you [Cass II] [/https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corvette/0pwtrFklndzsxf57o7o7l7j7j0q0q00030202040404044k5s3i050504f5f4f402.Iw18Z5A=.CwBhEYy6dlRsIA==?bn=Cass%20II%20The%20Corvette]

See what you think but something I noticed in a lot of different builds was either the lack of HS launchers, turrets, and trying to keep the hull mass down low... The turret's especially since this isn't the most maneuverable ship. I can understand no point defense as I'm sure it's a rare event for some people's shields to go down as they've got about 220% boosted shields but still... It's a large ship and missiles love to eat out your hull. Feed back is welcomed with what I should change.

holl0918
Harmless
Harmless

Postby holl0918 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

I am changing up the guns on my corvette, the ones i have now are boring and not as effective as they could be. I have 3 loadouts in mind.

Option 1: https://eddp.co/u/3rcvqhgH : A basic full multicannon build with varying effects.
Option 2: https://eddp.co/u/3L61NcSX : The MC build with two fixed C4 beam lasers.
Option 3: https://eddp.co/u/Vcbs6uXl : The above build with C2 and C3 cannons instead of multis for the extra armor piercing and module damage. I figure I can kill small ships with just the beams and keep the cannons for bigger ships. Small multi turrets for debufs.

The first build is the easiest and still has good damage and special effects. The second is harder but has more damage, chaff resistance, and has even better special effects. The third may have better damage against modules and hulls of large ships, but won't work as well against small ships and dosn't have any thermal shock, but does have dispersal field. I will be using a multi-cannon or plasma repeater F63 Condor as my SLF.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 pm

After trying almost everything.
I have settled on this.

2xclass 4 fixed beams, G5 efficient, thermal vent.
The jitter\wobble on the c4 gimballed is really annoying, and being able to go "HAHA! Lol" everytime an npc drops chaff is definitely worth the effort of learning to go fixed.
Also, fixed guns where boosted significantly, they now do 25% more damage, and costs 25% less heat\energy to fire.
For the rest I use gimballed multicannons, all rapid fire modded with incendiary.
Apart from one, that has a high ammo capacity mod with corrosive effect.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CmdrFrengus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CmdrFrengus
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby CmdrFrengus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:03 am

Pretty dead thread - don't you guys fly your vettes any longer? :)

My loadout is somewhat classical -
MC's (all overcharged/autoloader) in the big slots
Pulse Lasers (efficient + phasing sequence) in the middle slots (gimballed)
Beam/pulse turrets in the small slots with one scramble spectrum

https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/157419/786134/

Works perfect in Hazres - just open that cargo bay door and scope up materials.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 am

No we probably found what we like. And haven't needed to change minor engineering tweaks since forever.

Personally I'm still rocking my class 4 fixed beams (efficient + heat vent) and overcharged multi's with servo's apart from one which has corrosive.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

holl0918
Harmless
Harmless

Postby holl0918 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm

I have just changed my loadout for the first time in over a year. I have gotten so I really like fixed weapons and having pips available for ENG/SYS, so I changed up a few things and ended up with this:

JNS Balerion

I am loving it. The damage output is great, heat isn't an issue, and neither is chaff. I have never really tried fixed multi-cannons before and I can firmly say that they will be a go-to weapon of mine from now on. The only problem is running out of ammo, but even that takes a while. I usually have enough ammo to solo 2 low and 1 medium CZs before the medium and small multis run out of ammo. The c3 and c4 don't run out for quite a while after that, and usually around the same time (no need for high-capacity on the corrosive gun). I am using the multi-cannon condor as my SLF because it adds a nice amount of kinetic damage to balance my overall damage output and because the NPCs don't use pip management so the multi-cannons work well for them. I stuck all my weapons on the same fire group (why divide your DPS?) and really only use the gimbals for convergence. If my fixed guns are not on target, I am not firing. Works well for saving ammo and it has improved my accuracy a lot as I am not trying to manage two triggers.

Return to “General Discussion”