Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Gregster
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Gregster
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Did I just break the rules?

Postby Gregster » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Yer, it was an honest mistake and I have sent an apology to Ranualf. I thought there would be some communication also and the battle was fairly long as we were both in Anaconda's. It was only when I FSD'd out that he came from the station and told me I was wrong and that was where I felt I should find out.

Combat zones it is from now on and again I am truly sorry for breaking the rules.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:00 pm

ill see how this turns out, I have yet to receive any complaint regarding this matter, my advice is that if you want to engage in pvp then take it to the all group. even in a CZ pvp is frowned upon but we put rules in place to avoid unwanted pvp. if you want to play within our pve group then keep your actions against the environment and not other players.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Its a very understandable mistake and I honestly think its a bit odd not considering these zones as pvp zones.
Its half the reason power play exist in the first place and you do pick a side albeit for a longer while than in regular conflict zones.

I personally think distinguishing between pp cz's and regular cz's is a bit like telling a hunter he can only should ducks that goes quack, but not those who go cuack of the exact same species...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Gregster
Competent
Competent

Postby Gregster » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Mobius wrote:ill see how this turns out, I have yet to receive any complaint regarding this matter, my advice is that if you want to engage in pvp then take it to the all group. even in a CZ pvp is frowned upon but we put rules in place to avoid unwanted pvp. if you want to play within our pve group then keep your actions against the environment and not other players.

I can understand where you are coming from about PvP and duly noted about the rules from here on out.

Ranualf
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ranualf
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Ranualf » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:43 am

Ok......

Let me clear a few things up.
For the record we(Myself and Andyraptor) were on teamspeak, talking together as this is great for team play(more should use it tbh)

We had decided to go to a security operation, by zack hudson, but we are aligned with ALD. Seeing as she is not expanding this week, we chose option 2 to go help the resistance in order to make some merits.
So there we were merrily gunning down zacks lap dogs with me in my nice expensive anaconda, and Andy in his FAS. And we had just finished killing a Elite Anaconda, and as such my shield were at about 30%, not a problem usually....

But like Gregster states, he started this and he came steaming in, rammed me and opened fire with everything at point blank, after the WTF moment, we realized that it was a player...with several of zaks forces helping him.

So if it was good enough for him, it was for me... Game on
So he is popping shield cell banks, as we are chewing through him fast, and my hull is going down just as fast.
i get to 40% and decide to bail-i move away and he moves away, rams me again, pew pew pew- Eject..

What gregster didn't say was he jumped out after his shield popped, then back in and attacked Andy- Again, so Andy just boosts away, with the fat anaconda having zero hope of catching it. As you can imagine Andy was not happy with this and said several words... unflattering words..about the situation

So he jumps out again.
So i am on the way back in super cruise after rebuying the gun tub, and spy him click on, wait for scanners and yes it is him.
So i open chat

R "thanks for that"
G "what, i though we could kill players in these, as pvp"
R NO, we dont kill players in these areas, in Mobius we try to work as a team, this is not PVP area..
no reply... and i am a bit angry at being killed by a player
R well you got 10 merits and you got your kill, even though i was trying to jump out, well done!

And that was that so i thought- but there was one last thing.
He suddenly vanished from super cruise, no signal, and he was far from the dock(i had just spent 26.5m on rebuy, thus i had just left).
Mine and Andy`s best guess is he logged and a few mins later this post appeared.

Now, i was annoyed at dying, partially due to another commander and the cost of rebuy(i can afford it), but it is the time wasted in grinding merits for my power, a hour and a half- pff gone- grr.

So Gregster, next time you jump into a zone like that, and there are "enemy commanders" have a chat first. A bit of courtesy and decency never hurt anyone, we do have a code of conduct in the game, and for a good reason- We dont want the hassle of griefers we dont want the hassle of being killed when trading or working for our power play factions.

So what do i have to say on this.
1. Thanks for the personal message, apology accepted, I understand that this may have been a error on your behalf, but talk first, not shoot first ask questions after, it does not work in real life, nor in the game..

2.I would advise that you write to AndyRaptor, he has been playing this far longer than I, and i would say he is rather pee'd off with you, whereas i am fairly forgiving, i suspect Andy is silently steaming away...Our chat on TS suggested this..

3. Please assess the battle field, and communicate to "enemy commanders" before steaming in, guns blazing and expecting us to talk to you!

4. Please do not do this again, we have a code of conduct and players don't like others who "do not play nice", and your actions were not nice
once is a mistake, fair enough, do it again, then you know what will happen.

5. Come join us on the TS channel, we would like more people to speak to, all are welcome. And it makes the day go by faster chatting away and making new friends.

Ran.

Gregster
Competent
Competent

Postby Gregster » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Hey Ranualf. All fair comments except shooting on your friend, which I never did. As soon as you was destroyed, I was down to around 55% hull and hit FSD. I then went to a station and after our chat, I did quit and re-read the rules and posted here. My noobness was evident and I was a proper jerk and it won't happen again.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Gregster, this sounds to me like an honest mistake. I can see how you may have confused the zone for a CZ. Hopefully an apology will suffice. Personally I think your explanation is understandable but I don't make the decisions.

Fly Safe Commander!

EDIT: I made this post before the above conversation appeared. I guess a lesson has been learned. Still Fly Safe!
"Wibble"

Gregster
Competent
Competent

Postby Gregster » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Had a good chat in-game and Ranualf is a proper Gent and holds no grudge. :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Good. Back to business then :)
"Wibble"

andyraptor
Harmless
Harmless