GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Beta 3 thoughts and impressions...

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Image

Looks very much like what I experienced. And all you did was reset your router, right?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Yep.....

And then spent the next hour or so wondering around....Looking for an upgraded power plant......Taking a few missions and doing a bit of trading along the way......Dumped my multi-cannons.....Ammo too expensive.....Went to a nav beacon and have a vid of me taking down an asp .....Which I will put up later....A wanted novice in an asp....Poor chap didn't know what hit him.......I was using every manoeuvre I could think of ........

Then the cat jumped up on the table, so I decided to call it a day and cash in........

Loved it..........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Myka » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:53 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Myka wrote:So interdictions... I think they're a great addition but right now, be prepared to take immediate evasive maneuvers because you might pop out of supercruise right behind your would be interdictor at high speeds!

I haven't had a single interdiction. And I'm mostly in open play in the core systems. Could it be related to server allocation?

I haven't really kept track of Interdiction location but I've been interdicted in non anarchy systems (e.g., Styx, Aulin). In fact I get interdicted at least once every hour (it seems like it) I wonder if it has anything to do with ship types though, I hardly got interdicted (maybe once every couple hours or a few hours) on my Viper, but when I was flying about on the sidewinder I got interdicted pretty regularly.

On the forum a dev did say that NPC interdictions are related to high traffic areas - so if you travel in a general direction that is common (e.g., straight from the star to the main port) you probably stand a better chance of being interdicted. Apparently they have a range, and if you are too far out they don't bother.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Still getting the occasional stutter/frame drop in open play, from rock solid 60 fps with v-sync on, to 20-30 fps jitters. Bb missions still disappear now and then. Haven't checked in group recently.

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I get better performance in the group - basically smooth in all cases (except the known planet slow down), in Open Play it's a struggle to even launch from a dock right now.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 am

I kept getting fined last night and I couldn't understand why. It turned out one of my missions had disappeared from my transactions tab and from the bulletin board and I ended up carting around 4 tonnes of stolen booze and every time I got scanned I got fined! Also still getting the juddering frame rates around some planets which is a tad annoying.

Other than that I had a great time. A couple of attempted interdictions that I evaded and picked up some really valuable missions. I'm hoping with another couple of nights play I can afford an Asp and give that a spin.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:12 am

Philip Coutts wrote:.....I'm hoping with another couple of nights play I can afford an Asp and give that a spin.

You lucky, lucky bastard. ;)

http://youtube.com/v/_K1t91EO2g0

That Dropship looks mouth watering too...

http://youtube.com/v/1fE7kuEcSJ8

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 am

I really wanted the Imperial Clipper but at that price no chance :shock:

Is it just me or does the Federal Dropship look like a flying iron?

Edit: Watched the Asp video :shock: Wow it looks amazing. The hardpoints are brilliantly positioned. I can't wait to get one now.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Well my tales of last night are that I stored my sidey and got a hauler.....Grinded a little.....Decided to try out mining.....

After about 90 mins and earning approx. 2,500 I fawt sod this.......In the next 3 hours I grinded and missioned a bit and racked up a further 90,000...Then took a mission which payed 85,000.......

Tonight I'll do some calculations and see if I can get back in my orange viper.......

Happy days....

*Edit*

Well not so good....Played about 90 mins and made about 38,000....

Gawd knows what they have done server side in that update today........

But I have got more stuttering than ever...Bordering on unplayable in places....Stuttering when I got interdicted and I failed to escape......Nigh on impossible......Hyperspace down to zero FPS......I'll whip a quick vid up and show you what I mean...

So viper and game on hold for tonight.......

*2nd Edit*

Only caught the end of the interdiction stutter......It was also stuttering coming out of stations which gave me a few hairy moments.....

http://youtube.com/v/bSEmkXy9qHk

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:51 am

Jeez, that is frikkin awful, never had it freeze like that, sure we have all has stutter, but that was unplayable,

Could it be the Capture software you are using or is it the same when you are not capturing?

If it is, can I ask what Graphics Card you have?

*/shit, going into technical support work mode. reminder to self, stop it and get drunk....

Return to “General Discussion”