Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Beta 3 thoughts and impressions...

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

Had a quick dip into beta 3 open play to check out stability and instancing. Definitely getting better. Not quite there yet, but better.

Didn't experience any bad behaviour by other commanders, but I wasn't looking for trouble either.

Had a quick chat during SC with a UFC.... ;) Uknown Flying Commander

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

My main impression of Beta 3 is it feels more like a living Universe. I'm seeing a lot more Commanders out there in supercruise which is heartening. I was playing open last night and there were no major issues other than the stuttering graphics in supercruise. That said it was only a very quick run about I had, did a couple of jumps and delivered some stuff in my trusty old sidewinder. I'm not sure which ship to get I was in a T6 previously but found that a little dull. Might go and find a cobra actually and give it another spin.

Turjan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Turjan

Postby Turjan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm proper chuffed with Beta 3 so far :)

Very happy that the devs fixed the vanishing skybox issue a lot of us had - I'm no longer flying in a black void with nothing but a single target bracket for company ;)

It's definitely feeling like the whole thing is coming together, like building layers of clay on a sculpture frame, working towards that finished piece.

One thing though - not a complaint because it was an inevitability really, given the procedural generation and expanding capsule : my old stomping ground for trade and Bulletin Board missions is now...gone.

Erased. Like it was never there, just like the Krenim Imperium did in Star Trek Voyager! :shock:
Systems that were industrial are now refineries, systems that had stations are now vacant, even systems that had planets sometimes now are just a solitary star! It's like waking up in a parallel universe :?

Well, I'd better not get too attached to the systems we have now either really, cos I'd put a fiver on the Elite Imperium sending a temporal wave through the systems again when Gamma is released! :mrgreen:

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Shelleen wrote:If you want to avoid one then the moment you see the interdiction warning look at your small nav compass, it should show a filled blue circle, the same you get when docking.

I have no idea why I thought that was happening, I blame the drinking myself. Apologies for any confusion.

Since the first flight in Beta 3 I've avoided every subsequent interdiction, it's been really easy to do, just keep the blue escape vector roundel central and the interdiction will fail. At least that's what I've been seeing.

Gazzareth
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Gazzareth » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 am

I think you will find that a decent pilot will be able to avoid most inderdictions. Some I suspect may be unavoidable.

G

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:50 am

So what happens if you outrun an interdiction by the "Feds"? Do they then class you as hostile or having something to hide?

In 3.0 I got hauled over a couple of times but it was just by the Law Enforcement Agencies wanting to do a scan, I didn't know about the mechanic of avoiding an interdiction at the time, so now I am curious as to what the consequences of avoiding an interdiction by Law Enforcement agencies would be in game.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 am

I was going to have a big play today seeing as I'm off work....But I think I will give it a miss till 03.....

Game seems really borked at the mo.....One poor chap it seems has racked up over 4 million in fines by doing nothing :shock:

Sod that......I don't have a lot in the bank......And by the last few combat experiences I'm gonna need all I have for replacing my ships.....

Bummer...... :(

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:I was going to have a big play today seeing as I'm off work....But I think I will give it a miss till 03.....

Game seems really borked at the mo.....One poor chap it seems has racked up over 4 million in fines by doing nothing :shock:

Sod that......I don't have a lot in the bank......And by the last few combat experiences I'm gonna need all I have for replacing my ships.....

Bummer...... :(

Yeah, combat just stepped up a notch didn't it and the AI got a bit smarter. I came across a very well armed Eagle last night he took me down to 73% but I was getting the better of him. He then boosted away and supercruised out of there, leaving me with a repair bill and no bounty

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:55 am

Thing is with combat I would at least like a chance......

Out of the 3 so far...On 2 I have had no time to react.....On one of them the 2nd laser blast took out my life support that was after about 10 secs of combat........On the other got attacked by 3 ships immediately

The other combat was a one on one.......I took his shield down and bang they were back up again.......He took mine down with one pass.......I then took his down again and my lasers would not fire......They only fired again when his shields were back up.......Tried again and same thing...By now I was down to about 37%.......So I fooked off...........

I normally test the new combat AI and weapon alterations in the federal distress around Eranin 2....But it seems to have gone now.......

Anyway gonna keep an eye on the main board for any updates.....Coz I really wanna play.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:38 am

Jockgit64 wrote:So what happens if you outrun an interdiction by the "Feds"? Do they then class you as hostile or having something to hide?

In 3.0 I got hauled over a couple of times but it was just by the Law Enforcement Agencies wanting to do a scan, I didn't know about the mechanic of avoiding an interdiction at the time, so now I am curious as to what the consequences of avoiding an interdiction by Law Enforcement agencies would be in game.

Probably nothing. I escaped from some security vessels' interdiction at least once (as there is no way how to tell who is interdicting you, I am judging just from the ships nearby) and no fines/bounties were placed on my head. Maybe it lowers some reputation instead, but more probable is that there are simply no consequences.

Return to “General Discussion”