Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Beta 3 thoughts and impressions...

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 am

Artie wrote:Probably nothing. I escaped from some security vessels' interdiction at least once (as there is no way how to tell who is interdicting you, I am judging just from the ships nearby) and no fines/bounties were placed on my head. Maybe it lowers some reputation instead, but more probable is that there are simply no consequences.

Yeah, that would make sense, precisely because there's no way to tell before being out of SC by whom you're being interdicted. So you cannot resist interdiction by a pirate and allow it by a security vessel.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Flip wrote:
Artie wrote:Probably nothing. I escaped from some security vessels' interdiction at least once (as there is no way how to tell who is interdicting you, I am judging just from the ships nearby) and no fines/bounties were placed on my head. Maybe it lowers some reputation instead, but more probable is that there are simply no consequences.

Yeah, that would make sense, precisely because there's no way to tell before being out of SC by whom you're being interdicted. So you cannot resist interdiction by a pirate and allow it by a security vessel.

Thank you chaps :D

christoff
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Christoff

Postby christoff » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Well, I'm safely out of my Viper for everyone's sake. Lost 2 of them last night and have learned not to take on missions were you have to stir up trouble with Authority vessels. Well if you do, don't open up on them outside the starport!!!

Also managed to boost my second one inside a base, which didn't end well!

Back in my old transit van Hauler again, Viper stored safely away till I can learn to look after myself. So back on the grind again, skint but happy !!

Having a few beers now, well it is Friday, so God only knows what dramas I will get myself into this evening.
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:28 am

So interdictions... I think they're a great addition but right now, be prepared to take immediate evasive maneuvers because you might pop out of supercruise right behind your would be interdictor at high speeds!

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:25 am

Myka wrote:So interdictions... I think they're a great addition but right now, be prepared to take immediate evasive maneuvers because you might pop out of supercruise right behind your would be interdictor at high speeds!

I haven't had a single interdiction. And I'm mostly in open play in the core systems. Could it be related to server allocation?

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:50 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Myka wrote:So interdictions... I think they're a great addition but right now, be prepared to take immediate evasive maneuvers because you might pop out of supercruise right behind your would be interdictor at high speeds!

I haven't had a single interdiction. And I'm mostly in open play in the core systems. Could it be related to server allocation?

Have you tried going somewhere a bit more tasty such as an anarchy system? Maybe the core systems are safer and therefore the likelihood of interdiction is lower? I could be wrong, I frequently am (but rarely admit it :P )

I've only had 1 interdiction but I've mostly pootled about the starting area so far in Beta 3 due to a lack of time!

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 am

Philip Coutts wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:

Have you tried going somewhere a bit more tasty such as an anarchy system? Maybe the core systems are safer and therefore the likelihood of interdiction is lower? I could be wrong, I frequently am (but rarely admit it :P )

I've only had 1 interdiction but I've mostly pootled about the starting area so far in Beta 3 due to a lack of time!

I must admit I'm not paying much attention to where I fly. Just were the bulletin board takes me. :)

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 am

I tend to be the same with regards the board. I pick up the highest value missions I can and just go. I'm still saving for an ASP and I'd love to try the Clipper but at £26 million I doubt I'll get to it before Gamma.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 am

Philip Coutts wrote:I tend to be the same with regards the board. I pick up the highest value missions I can and just go. I'm still saving for an ASP and I'd love to try the Clipper but at £26 million I doubt I'll get to it before Gamma.

Yeah. I'm not bothered with the money right now either. On full release I will be gunning for the full Monty. The Ani with a Sidewinder in its belly, and a Federal Dropship stashed away somewhere of course... And an Asp for good measure. Ooooh. Can't wait. :)

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Unable to connect this morning......Exit out to black screen....Have to stop client in task manager.......

Problem could be my end though.......

I'm on Virgins top 152 down......So sthgs up.......Reset router is on the cards.........

*Edit*

Ahhhhhh....That's more like it.....Orft we go.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”