Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Beta 3 thoughts and impressions...

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:28 am

Just had a go to test my DelanClip.

Couldnot activate Mouselook in game and I also could not get my left and right panels to open using the keyboard shortcuts, I checked Options and they were mapped correctly but just not working.

This makes the game unplayable. :cry:

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:41 am

Tried replacing my backup bindings, then tried re applying them in game, still no joy, they are bound to keys 1 and 3 respectively but was getting nothing in game.

I was able to see the mouse on my other screen and tried turning of the Tracker software, have tried both TrackNoIR and OpenTrack, but when I clicked on anything the game locks up, it used to minimise but just becomes non responsive to Alt-Tab and stays open, have to resort to Task Manager to close the game.

Tried again with the Delanclip unplugged and everything worked again... odd.

I thought it was just seen a mouse but something is broken. The question is what? Does the IR software need updating for Beta 3 or has Beta 3 broke IR software?

Anyone else with a similar setup getting the same problem?

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:00 am

I have just tested the clip in rFactor and it works fine, I am either missing something in ED or it's a potential bug... aaaaagh

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:15 am

tried again using the ini file from rfactor and it works.... yay!!

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby AndyB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 am

finally managed to get the game running after battling with winblows hate all of yesterday and all i can say is WOW.

made my first jump and docked at styx, now back in an asp.

next job: hunt the upgrades with the 4 million i have left ;)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 am

BloodravenD wrote:Was very tedious updating, for some reason it was really slow. Once I got in, I noticed I was back in azeban outpost with the basic Sidewinder, but had 150k or so credits, probably the amount my ship I had (think it was a Viper) at the time was worth. I got to ascellius primus and headed to beagles landing for ships, picked up a hauler, a upgrade on the two cargo containers so I could hold 16 tons, a mining laser, and a refinery. Turns out the refinery I picked up only had one bin, so that made mining troublesome. I ended up going back and rearranging things around, dropped to about 6 ton storage, so I could have a 4 bin refinery. for 20-30 min of work, I got two tons of ore, made maybe 5-6k off them together...so not nearly as much as hauling missions in beta 2 were giving me.

Speaking of which, I think they nerfed the amount you get out of bulletin board missions, because I'm rarely seeing more than 1-2k credits for small hauling missions, normally they were 2-5k credits each. I haven't tried the fuel scooping yet, and I found out using the cargo scoop is way too much of a hassle for mining.

Try this for size :D

In case you can't make it out it's 192,646cr for one mission :shock:

I've also used the fuel scoop and it works but takes a long time to fill up plus when I jumped to the next station (8.6ly) it cost 1,456cr to fill up again, so I'm guessing it's bugged. I don't understand the difference in fuel scoop classes though, does a better class fill quicker?

Exploration doesn't net much in the way of reward yet, in Beta 2.06 I got over 10,000cr for one system but so far have only made 1,400cr for a system, tops.

I'm guessing that mining will net big money eventually, when you're far from the core systems. I wouldn't be surprised to see discoveries of gold and platinum that will make your fortune if you happen across them. Think of it as prospecting in the Old West, only a few made it big.

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:48 am

On another note:

Tonight I managed to avoid an interdiction out in deep space although I'm in a beam lasered Cobra so don't really have to avoid them but thought I'd give it a go just in case it was an Anaconda doing it.

If you want to avoid one then the moment you see the interdiction warning look at your small nav compass, it should show a filled blue circle, the same you get when docking. Aim to keep that central (it does jump about a bit and you can over-shoot it) and you'll see the 'Escape Velocity' blue roundel on screen. If you can keep the 'Escape Velocity' target pretty central on your screen you'll eventually get the message that you have avoided the interdiction.

I was tempted to find the piece of crap that was doing it and kick his/her arse but had better things to do. It would be good if, after you've avoided the interdiction, you got a message along the lines of; 'NPC (or player for that matter) (Name) in ship (type) attempted to interdict you.' You could then zap the git should you happen across him/her again or go looking for him/her to exact revenge.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 am

Shelleen wrote:...If you want to avoid one then the moment you see the interdiction warning look at your small nav compass, it should show a filled blue circle, the same you get when docking. Aim to keep that central (it does jump about a bit and you can over-shoot it) and you'll see the 'Escape Velocity' blue roundel on screen. If you can keep the 'Escape Velocity' target pretty central on your screen you'll eventually get the message that you have avoided the interdiction.

I was tempted to find the piece of crap that was doing it and kick his/her arse but had better things to do. It would be good if, after you've avoided the interdiction, you got a message along the lines of; 'NPC (or player for that matter) (Name) in ship (type) attempted to interdict you.' You could then zap the git should you happen across him/her again or go looking for him/her to exact revenge.

Thanks for that Shelleen.

But I wouldn't blame the JockGit for every interdiction. Just doesn't seem fair if you ask me.....

Jockgit64
Master
Master

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am

It t'weren't me Guv, Ah aint done nuffink!!

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 am

Shelleen wrote:I was tempted to find the piece of crap that was doing it and kick his/her arse but had better things to do. It would be good if, after you've avoided the interdiction, you got a message along the lines of; 'NPC (or player for that matter) (Name) in ship (type) attempted to interdict you.' You could then zap the git should you happen across him/her again or go looking for him/her to exact revenge.

My understanding is that if the interdiction fails then the target gets away in super cruise but the aggressor gets knocked out of supercruise into normal space. They then of course have to wait for their drive to cool down before they can jump again. I would not be surprised if they show up as a USS (Unknown Signal Source) on the supercruise map.

I can't confirm it works this way just yet as I am still playing with the feature to learn how it all works.

Return to “General Discussion”