Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Is it time to change the CZ PVP policy?

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

From the policy page:

The above rules ensure, that players wishing no PvP at all can safely enter warzones as spectator or to decide actions later, without being forced into an unwanted fight.

This is clearly not the case! A player can enter a CZ for a PVE experience and then have another player enter on the opposite side and force an unwanted fight. I believe most Mobius members, even if they have a taste for some PVP, wouldn't do this without first confirming that the other player agrees, and then the honorable thing to do would be to limit it to shields down or 75% hull or similar. I used to agree with this CZ policy, but I haven't spent a lot of time in CZs and I don't want to get harassed just because I may choose to enter a CZ and choose a side (although I'd probably accept a challenge).

If you want to allow consensual PVP, then allow consensual PVP - but make it explicitly consensual.
If you don't want to allow consensual PVP, then don't.

In my opinion, Mobius group is the ideal place for consensual PVP w/o being bothered by griefers in open. If two or more players or wings agree to a PVP experience and go off somewhere and have a duel or or wing combat experience or training, then that is their business. Just don't bother other players while you are doing it. There is not much the admin can do about it anyway, as long as it is kept private. So why not just allow consenting players to do it? Or don't, and force them into another private group or into the shadows.
It's time to give this another go.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Re: Is it time to change the CZ PVP policy?

Postby AndyB » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:18 pm

an equally valid suggestion is that if someone wants to totally avoid PvP or even the possibility of it, join the CZ in solo.

I spent a couple of hours at the CG CZ last night, there were plenty of other commanders around on both teams and not once did i get shot at by another human player. (the fact that i was flying a battle rigged Anaconda may have had a little to do with it but i digress)

if anything needs to be done its a small tweek to the CZ rules to make things clearer, like if you are in a CZ and someone else joins you on the same team, don't jump out and swap sides just so you can attack them, and if someone is neutral do not fire at them. if you are neutral don't hang around waiting to pick a side either as this makes people think you are just waiting until you have the opportunity for an easy kill when their shields go down by staying on their 6 as a neutral player and picking a side to attack only when they are vulnerable.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

I think the CZ rules are already fairly explicit

•Inside Conflict Zones the following rules apply:
◦It is not allowed to attack a neutral player (a player not having chosen a faction)
◦It is not allowed to attack another player while being neutral (not having chosen a faction oneself)
◦It is not allowed to attack another player on the own chosen faction
◦Only if both players have activly chosen opposing factions may they engage in combat
◦It is not allowed to exit and enter a warzone in rapid succession for the sole purpose of targeting other players. Only if the wrong faction was chosen by mistake or by mutual agreement of the present players (For example in order for everybody to join the same faction).

Beyond this, the only thing to do is just ban PVP altogether, and it will be a sad day for the group if we have to become so prescriptive.

The recent events have been distasteful, but we should not forget the more than 12 months of relatively grief free play, and not fall into the trap jumping to a reaction because of the actions of one or two undesirables.

Just my 2p.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 pm

YeaMon :D

No jerking of knees, even in a Newtonian manner!

My general rule for CG CZs is to do them in solo anyway, unless in a 'proper' wing.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Well this is funny because I run into a situation just now in Cayutorme...

a CMDR Von...... sarted firing on me and he texted me that I should not have fired on him.
I texted back that I did not fire at him and bugged out because I am not into PvP even in CZs.
I returned after 2-3 mins and he started firing on me again so I left the area

I am against PvP in all circumstances
Last edited by pargyrak on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:18 pm

A CZ violation report posted by a member on Frontier's Forums. CZ violation

Personally I believe that members of a certain group are using the "rules" of CZ to bypass the rules of Mobius.. just look at the discussion in "Very Upset".

There can be coordinated and friendly PVP but recently that is not what I've been seeing reported.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Please remember that the guy in questions who killed our "very upset" poster was in Mobius specifically to spread upset and discord. He had a good go at a lot of people. This post about changing rules assumes that the people likely to do this sort of thing actually give a toss what our "rules" are. They don't. And he's gone, but expect to see more.

That said :
By entering the CZ with potentially many other players you are CLEARLY aware that there is the possibility one or more of them may not be on your team. And as the rules stand you are fair game.

So either accept that risk and enjoy the danger or play in a different mode for what is, let's be very clear here, one very small portion of the game.

During a CG there are too many people there anyway, so taking your wing to a private group benefits everybody, espscially if you want to avoid any potential PvP.

Personally I would NOT target another commander, unless they were shooting at me, and I wouldn't get upset about it - I know the rules and the risks, and it's just a game people ;)

/runs from the pitchforks and flaming brands....

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Nah... It was Anaconda vs Anaconda and if I fired one shot (via turrets) he fired 20 or more.. And I bugged out I have a screenshot of the messages
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Apparently we have attracted Gluttony Fang's attention.. and it isn't measured. Interstingly he links this thread...

In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:49 pm

pargyrak wrote:Nah... It was Anaconda vs Anaconda and if I fired one shot (via turrets) he fired 20 or more.. And I bugged out I have a screenshot of the messages

That's interesting, I've seen the screenshot Rinzler posted of your Python at 0% and I assumed that was the subject. Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Was that a different incident then? You seem to attract the bad guys! ;)

Return to “General Discussion”