Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Courier Mission - Ranking

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:11 am

I did 18 missions from the board all combat from CZ kills in one night and went from post commander to post captain. The average payout for the combat missions was between 200 and 600k. My guess is that I earned over 6.5 mill all in all. I have a feeling the problem is more that the boards have low priority on showing naval ascension missions.

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Julissa Silver » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 am

It's my understanding that promotion or ascension missions are fed in dynamically to each commander's missions list by the server when they reach a threshold in this hidden naval rank score. There may well be a bug involved, or it might just have been that your score was close to a rank threshold and one (or all) of the missions contributed to putting you over the top, or it might be that your combat missions contributed a major jump in your score. I shall add the anecdote to the gestalt, thank you!

But there's the problem with trying to research 'blind' patterns. We can only say X happened when I did Y, but can't do anything but can't even suggest a link between action and outcome as we simply can't identify if there were other factors that had any affect, even from previous sessions. To say it's frustrating to someone as analytically minded (with just a touch of OCD) is a bit of an understatement.
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

Vanhorn666
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vanhorn666
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Vanhorn666 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi,

pretty new here playing Elite since C64 but not too nerdy keeping to have fun on all the unknown still :-)

I am also trying to get more info on ranking up to get the cool Fed Ships but I am a bit clueless and could not really find practical answers.
I understand it so far that you have a
1. a Fed rank
2. a reputation rank
To improve 1. you have to do special missions having in mission title something like "for Federation" (no matter of delivery, hunting, exploring, etc.)
The other normal missions for Fed people on the blackboard just improve your 2. reputation rank.

Nevertheless I am not in the reputation rank of "German: herzlich" - guess friendly or heartful sth. So most of the Fed special ranking missions offered are not doable for me because of my actual "low" reputation rank.

Is my understanding about the mechanism correct?

If so I have to grind lot missions to get the reputation rank to be able to finally start the special ranking missions ;-)

Thanks all for your help!

Vanhorn666
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vanhorn666
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Vanhorn666 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi,

Think I finally got some more answers.
It seems it is the friendly reputation to be able to accept the ranking special missions plus that they are less often offered generally in open game play mode.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Federation

Return to “General Discussion”