will you support your group player faction poll?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous

will you be supporting the Order of Mobius player faction

I will be pledging full support to The Order in an effort to see it become a power play faction.
48%
Im only here to play in the PvE group and have little interest in the player faction.
9%
Our group plays in the PvE group though we wont be supporting it we will happily create an alliance.
3%
Our group plays in the PvE group and we wont be supporting it, we will make efforts to oppose it if necessary.
1%
If I happen to be in the area ill do what I can.
39%

Total votes: 394

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: will you support your group player faction poll?

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Watchdog wrote:Is there a way a (mostly) lone explorer can help?

Such as, when I will have finished the Engineers grind with my exploration data, would selling the data at one of the OoM controlled stations help the faction, even if I am not pledged to it or anything?

Yes it will, selling exploration data helps increase influence, you'll need to sell it at one of our controlled stations in one of our controlled systems.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Watchdog
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Watchdog

Postby Watchdog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks Xebeth, I shall keep that in mind when the exploration Engineers are satisfied.

wrmiller
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WilliamTell
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby wrmiller » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm new to Mobius PVE and the ED game in general (been playing for about 4 months) so I am not sure how to support the faction? I am not 'aligned' to anyone as I have not been interested in said. However, I joined Mobius as opposed to playing in Open with the kiddies so I will do what I can to help. Would running missions in a specific system help?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 am

wrmiller wrote: Would running missions in a specific system help?

Thanks for offering to help our player faction! It's certainly not required of our Mobius members to help the Order of Mobius, but there is a pretty good sized group of guys here that like to help our faction overcome obstacles to maintain influence and occasionally expand as well. Most of the time, you find the current orders in one of the active threadsthis forum, and usually in this post. (which is outdated, ATM)

Right now we are at war in Exioce, and need combat capable commanders to fight in Combat Zones in Exioce, on behalf of the OoM. Once the war ends, it looks like we may go into an "outbreak" state, which will provide many missions and hauling opportunities for our supporters.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

wrmiller
Harmless
Harmless

Postby wrmiller » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
wrmiller wrote: Would running missions in a specific system help?

Thanks for offering to help our player faction! It's certainly not required of our Mobius members to help the Order of Mobius, but there is a pretty good sized group of guys here that like to help our faction overcome obstacles to maintain influence and occasionally expand as well. Most of the time, you find the current orders in one of the active threadsthis forum, and usually in this post. (which is outdated, ATM)

Right now we are at war in Exioce, and need combat capable commanders to fight in Combat Zones in Exioce, on behalf of the OoM. Once the war ends, it looks like we may go into an "outbreak" state, which will provide many missions and hauling opportunities for our supporters.

OK, thanks. None of my ships are engineered beyond the first three, which is to say not much. Engineering is just not something that I do, as I see the 'requirements' and the RNG as a major time-sink that I am unwilling to commit my game time to.

So while I am capable of hanging out in a high or haz RES site for a while, my vette is only capable of so much. I think I only have ~1100 armor and 1300 shields, so I don't think I'd last too long in a protracted fight. :roll:

I think I should stick with 'armed trader' and let you combat types do the heavy lifting. :)

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 pm

I think you'd be OK in a CZ with that as long as you stick to the standard tactics of patrolling the edges of the CZ and picking off isolated ships.
If your in a wing, it'd be no problem at all. I've been to them in much less than a Vette and with help, it's fine

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:21 pm

What Ryan said ^^^. If winged, you certainly don't need anything close to a fully engineered battle tank to safely slaughter the Imperials in a High-CZ. I've run with guys in stock Cobras and Vipers, and successfully kept them alive and profitable to boot. ;)

If you get in an wing of 3-4, it's easy peasy. Just select your wingman's target, shoot, collect, rinse and repeat.

I'll be back in the CZ in about 2.5-3 hours from now if anyone wants to wing.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

wrmiller
Harmless
Harmless

Postby wrmiller » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks guys. Something to consider. :)

Oh, and I just powered up my game and checked: I have the numbers backwards: 1151 Shields, and 1446 Armor. It's not much compared to some of you guys, but it's the safest ship I have. In trying to figure out how to get rid of a bounty (it wasn't my fault...honest! :roll: ) I strolled up to a rather large station, got scanned, and was promptly opened up on by the station and about 10-12 'police'. I managed to get away, but I was down to 60% hull when it was all over. A lesson I won't soon forget.

Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious

Postby Sinvious » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 am

i'll be more than happy to do whatever I can to help but i'm not in the wing so I hope that wont affect anything

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am

Sinvious wrote:i'll be more than happy to do whatever I can to help but i'm not in the wing so I hope that wont affect anything

Not being in the Inara OoM wing has absolutely zero effect on your contributions to our player faction. No worries there! :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”