will you support your group player faction poll?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous

will you be supporting the Order of Mobius player faction

I will be pledging full support to The Order in an effort to see it become a power play faction.
48%
Im only here to play in the PvE group and have little interest in the player faction.
9%
Our group plays in the PvE group though we wont be supporting it we will happily create an alliance.
3%
Our group plays in the PvE group and we wont be supporting it, we will make efforts to oppose it if necessary.
1%
If I happen to be in the area ill do what I can.
39%

Total votes: 394

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: will you support your group player faction poll?

Postby Mouse » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:38 am

Will help where I can, I'm a Bacon Cat and I think we are allowed to have a Dual Allegiance ^,^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am

This 'ol pussy cat is WELL up for it!

By the time it happens I'll have done all the cargo grinding I ever need to do & will be bringing my 'ultimate build' Python "Monty, of course" to the party.

Maybe I'll even get my finger out & develop my putative wing/sub-group "FireDrakes" in service of The Order, as our ethics are compatible...

"Morgoth loosed upon the people of Narog the great host that he had long prepared; and Glaurung the Urulóki passed over Anfauglith."

—The Silmarilion: Of Túrin Turambar pg. 212

We are FireDrakes, swift, ruthless and deadly.

We may yet wear the badges and trappings of servitude, but our hearts and spirits soar free of such meaningless 'honours'.

Our dreams are greater than the machinations of petty politicians. So much greater.

Our reasons may be as varied as our numbers, we may but be 'ships in the night' but our core purpose remains-

To live our remaining days fully & well, to face the greatest unknown with few regrets, and to oppose those who seek to deprive their fellow humans of the chance to do likewise.

Each in our own way, according to our unique gifts...
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Wulfy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Wulf Sternhammer

Postby Wulfy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 am

Well I clicked full support, although I have to admit I havent a clue what that would entail as I dont keep up with the news and rarely visit the official forums. The OP doesnt explain - or link to - an explanation which would be handy.
IGN: WULF STERNHAMMER

Jack Schitt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kevin Reilly / Jack Schitt (depending on mood)

Postby Jack Schitt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 am

For solidarity I really wanted to go for the first option but I had to be honest and pick the fourth. I tend to follow the profits, either trading or bounty hunting, and the Azrael system is a little too far from my usual stomping grounds on the Imperial / Federal border to make it a regular haunt. Having said that, when it becomes independent as part of the player faction rollout it might be difficult to maintain that status when surrounded by the Empire, so maybe there'll be mucho opportunity for mercenary work on the Rafferty's bulletin board. We'll have to see what happens.

I'm also not certain I'd ever get fully into the whole Powerplay thing even if the faction became a PP power, because I've been singularly unimpressed by everything to do with PP so far. But things might have improved by the time -- and if -- we get the option to pledge to The Order.
Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7-4770K 4.3GHz H100i OC | 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB | Realtek ALC1150

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor

Postby Vikinger » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:33 am

Zadkiel wrote:Sorry, I love Mobius, I'm happy to align myself with it, and I owe no other group more loyalty, but I can't support anything to do with Powerplay, it's a terrible system, deeply flawed and based around PvP. So I'm afraid I had to go with option 2.

I voted 2 for same reason as Zidkiel. I have zero interest in PP.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:53 am

Will help if in the area. It's the only option that fits my current thinking of how the future will pan out

I have had no interest in PP to date. but I may get involved if there is a point to it. At the moment, the powers are just a collection of pixels. With the Mobius minor faction it's real people.

Scarz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Scarz

Postby Scarz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:01 am

I chose the second option, but could change my preference at a later time. How the player faction will fit into the present power play pledges is not completely clear to me. I am more into a small private group or solo play.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am

When I am around the area I will support, but I will not pledge as I see Power Play as having too many negatives to allow me to play the game I want to play.

"It is not in my character to have an allegiance to any one group, power, government, religion, or power. They come not to my aid when I need them, so nor shall I aid them."

- Cmdr. Peter Loriath at some point after the latest point in his story.

However, if something happens that sways his loyalty, things may change.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB

Postby FCB1891 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:32 am

Loriath wrote:When I am around the area I will support, but I will not pledge as I see Power Play as having too many negatives to allow me to play the game I want to play.

"It is not in my character to have an allegiance to any one group, power, government, religion, or power. They come not to my aid when I need them, so nor shall I aid them."

- Cmdr. Peter Loriath at some point after the latest point in his story.

However, if something happens that sways his loyalty, things may change.

*Grabs the keys of his Python and prepares for a beer transport*

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:51 am

FCB1891 wrote:*Grabs the keys of his Python and prepares for a beer transport*

ROFL that might do it, but Loriath prefers Coffee over beer, but you never know what a drunk Harmless Cmdr. with a crappy ship is capable of!
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “General Discussion”