MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Base system or Nomadic?

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 pm

I have twelve homes... Yes twelve :P

Six have pristine metallic rings and are all on the outer rim of civilized space. Six more homes. One for each pristine metallic system that shoot out towards non civilized space. All six spots are conveniently located around Alliance space. Just outside the power play ATM. As I am a supporter of Mr Mahon I will eventually make Gateway my home system which is again conveniently situated right in the middle of all my other homes :D.

Right now 38 Lyncis is my main home. The first pristine metallic system I found and boy is she a beauty. You jump in staring straight at an A class blue white star. And she usually put's on a show :P. The metallic ring is around a grey, blueish class II Gas Giant and my home, 38 Lyncis 5. An Earth-Like World with a metal rich ring which has RES and is a perfect spot to hunt bounties.

So basically in all of the Alliance kinda area of space I have places I can either hunt bounties, mine or go exploring. There is usually a CZ going on somewhere close too. Best of all worlds :D

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Aint really got a clue where I am....What I'm doing...Where I'm going...or what I'll be doing when I get there......

That's why I love it........

And that's why powerplay can suck my nutz.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Aint really got a clue where I am....What I'm doing...Where I'm going...or what I'll be doing when I get there......

That's why I love it........

And that's why powerplay can suck my nutz.....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If I wanted to have a second unpaid job handing fliers out I would join the Jehovah's witnesses.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:07 am

Lol.

I guess I stick to a few home bases for a while and just move to another one depending on the situation. I spend less time free-roaming around different systems. I've got about 8 home systems in total iirc; around 3 in fed, 4 in empire, and 1 in alliance territory.

Dree
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kapitein Dree

Postby Dree » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:14 am

Maybe in the future I settle down on a planet, I rent or build an apartment...
Maybe in the future I settle down when I build my own station in my own discovered system...

Groet Dree

PS, I finely nailed it with my signature picture, guess the spaceship!

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:25 am

When I started playing I made a big mistake of not sticking to one place making my gameplay very difficult since no one gave me any missions as I was "neutral" or "unfriendly" with local factions. This was at the game launch so getting money was VERY difficult.

With 1.3, I actually started playing the game more frequently and since then I stuck around ALD HQ zones. There's an amazing smuggling ring between Kamadhenu-Calennero-HIP 20277 that pretty much got me a Clipper and since HIP has tons of RES sites and an amazing outfitting station - I keep my stuff at Fabian Dock. Very close to all the stuff I need and very convenient.

I have a Cobra at Shajn Dock in Kamadhenu, my Anaconda is at Fabian dock HIP 20277, and my Python is currently at Ugriviri. All systems are just 2 jumps away from one another and it perfectly fits my current playstyle.

However, When I need to buy a new high-end ship i jump to Diaguandri for that -15% discount and come back ASAP.
ImageImage

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:10 am

Nomad - I settled at Ngalites for a while, but the minor factions became hostile. It's not a serious problem, but it's irritating when you're trying to get stuff done.

I have ships parked all over the place, but I wouldn't call those systems "home" - they are just the place I happened to be when I had the cash for an upgrade.

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:51 pm

I have a Vulture parked at Vaka, suppose that's the nearest thing to a home system for me :)

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:58 pm

I used to hang out near Lave and CD-34 9020, but lately I have been exploring so have been pretty-much a nomad.

Dree wrote:PS, I finely nailed it with my signature picture, guess the spaceship!

Swinetrek!
Jameson & Son are my copilots

rehael
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: rehael

Postby rehael » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Jameson's Dock, or some Ice Ring when out there, exploring. But when the players' groups could sign to minor faction, together with my wing we plan to move to some other place and call it home.

Return to “General Discussion”