Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Mobius Faction?

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:15 pm

danubezoe wrote:"Order of the Mobius" gets my vote, using founders world would exclude too many of our own. Being close to Achenar, Sol, Lave, Shinrarta Dehzra and Alioth brings us in a contested area and we'll be squeezed from all directions.

Agreed founders world would be the wrong call, if there is one thing us as a group can really make a difference is perhaps to help new players starting out and if they can't come to our main system until they become elite then that's not really conducive to gathering an influx of new people something that will be absolutely crucial.

Yes we will have a couple stalwarts but I would be greatly surprised if not 99% would not play for more than a few months and then fade off to maybe come back and check out a new expansion/ships etc.

New players is the only way to really keep the ball rolling.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

VeNoM56k
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: VeNoM56k

Postby VeNoM56k » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:29 pm

I like "Order of the Mobius" as well, so thats another for it.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:39 pm

I am in also. Now for the name perhaps just THE ORDER

Sounds more mysterious and intimidating :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:43 pm

With players all over known space, how can you have a "home world"? I thought this would be more like a "state of mind" or something. But then I don't know if or how a player faction would work w/o some type of base of operations. If you have to have a single place, then I think some place way off the beaten path would be an option, unless it needs to be near everyone else to make proper use of the game mechanics.

On another note, I remember Mobius saying he didn't like using his commander name for the group, and was going to change it as soon as Frontier gave him the option. So I don't know if he's looking for something else for the faction name. Of course, by now he man have changed his mind, and it may be out of his hands. ;)
It's time to give this another go.

VeNoM56k
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: VeNoM56k

Postby VeNoM56k » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:With players all over known space, how can you have a "home world"? I thought this would be more like a "state of mind" or something. But then I don't know if or how a player faction would work w/o some type of base of operations. If you have to have a single place, then I think some place way off the beaten path would be an option, unless it needs to be near everyone else to make proper use of the game mechanics.

On another note, I remember Mobius saying he didn't like using his commander name for the group, and was going to change it as soon as Frontier gave him the option. So I don't know if he's looking for something else for the faction name. Of course, by now he man have changed his mind, and it may be out of his hands. ;)

There's too many of us now, his name belongs to us. :D

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:49 pm

ive linked to this several times, the video shows 14 stations that are named Mobius and would very much like to use one of them as a starting point, all of them are in empire space but they are all far enough from populated space to allow expansion.
using what has been said previously if we state that we are a splinter faction of the pilots federation and that we hold the ideals of the pilots federation then in the long run I think players would openly join our cause, that of bring peace and harmony to the galaxy.

gameplay wise missions will be no different to what npc missions are available already, but as we expand it will probably turn onto powerplay, either way our group will keep with the no pvp rules and all that will change is that our group will have a home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny0HFHGiEEg

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Very much like the idea of this. I fly for fun not credits so to be able to support my group at the same time would only add to the game for me.

I like the word Order in the group name as it suggests old/longevity/history and as our group have been around from the very start I think this would be very apt.

I am a independent explorer and as such have no ties to any place I call home, for this I would happily move my current "home" location and actually have a reason to do so and a reason to call a new location home.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:

to begin with I probably would have called it "elitepve group" but as time has passed my name has gone beyond me and become a name for everything that is PVE, just go onto the forums and any mention of pve is not that" pve group" but always referred to as the Mobius group.
its not my name anymore but the groups name. another idea is to speak to our brothers and sisters that is UNITY,
just incase you are not aware as its not greatly publicised UNITY is made up of 3 of the largest groups.
The First Great Expedition
Interstellar United
and us.

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Would be awesome to see a player faction branch out of civ space. I know a really good location only twelve hundred light years from Sol. Binary Earth-Likes as your home planets :P A massive effort to get the materials to build a station that far out....Probably take too much but here's to dreaming my two babies will one day be colonized :D

Seriously though I'm really torn about this. I've been in Mobius more or less since I started Elite but I love the Alliance :D I think the fact that it would be a player run faction may swing it though. I need time to think. Do I have time? :P

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:15 pm

'The Order of the Mobius' works for me :D

As Uberwald say Order
suggests old/longevity/history
, but it also implies fraternity. It can also be shortened to "The Order" in fiction and lore.

I also think it's worth keeping the Mobius name in there, partly out of respect for what Liam has done, but also because of what the concept of a Mobius strip is
only one side and only one boundary
, as (IMHO) this is a good summary of the group's (sorry Order's) ideals.

As for a home world, I believe we certainly need one, but having one doesn't imply that you have to stay there. Of course there would be missions, etc. to do to ensure the Order stays in control, but undoubtedly other systems will need our services (there are a lot wars to fight, and pirates to bring to 'final justice').
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”