Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Icpmcp
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Icpmcp
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Anaconda building help needed

Postby Icpmcp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 pm

So my current Anaconda build is A on every main thing except sensors. My question is what weapons should I use ? at the moment I have 4 turreted c3 burst lasers 2 c2 and 2 c1 turreted beam lasers.

Should I grab myself beam lasers at every port(and if yes gimballed or turreted) or should I get the Plasma Accelerator instead of the c3 burst laser on the c4 port ? Or should I change my current weapons to their gimballed versions ?

Also the two med or small beam lasers will be replaced by pack hound racks when I get them(Med or small because I don't know which size they have)

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Re: Anaconda building help needed

Postby Skipp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 pm

I'd be very interested in this as well. I'm starting to save up credits for an Anaconda and I'd love to hear suggestions on weapon positions since it's a huge ship with hardpoints above and below the ship.
ImageImage

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice

Postby Icpmcp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Skipp wrote:I'd be very interested in this as well. I'm starting to save up credits for an Anaconda and I'd love to hear suggestions on weapon positions since it's a huge ship with hardpoints above and below the ship.

I think I'll have to change my build when they add the ability to carry other ships up to sidewinder size though

EDIT: Money is no problem for me right now.
I just need help with them lazors

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 pm

all beams is a bad idea as all that will happen is you'll end up with heat damage when you get into a fight.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice

Postby Icpmcp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 pm

AndyB wrote:all beams is a bad idea as all that will happen is you'll end up with heat damage when you get into a fight.

Never had heat damage yet

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

C3 Turrets will keep firing and cause heat damage. Not sure how much as I got scared and sold them at the first opportunity !!! That was my first and only experience of turrets and it was enough for me
I run a C4 PA. 3x C3 gimballed burst. 2x C2 gimballed multi cannon and 2 x C1 seeker missile racks.
It's a good balanced load out that means you can use the multi when the lasers get a bit too toasty :)
I did run C3 beams as well and that was very effective but I need to get the A8 power plant really to justify using them.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Icpmcp wrote:
AndyB wrote:all beams is a bad idea as all that will happen is you'll end up with heat damage when you get into a fight.

Never had heat damage yet

That's a surprise, even with 2 pulse lasers and 2 multicannons fitted alongside the beams i sometimes still get a bit of heat damage if i boost before firing for an extended period with 4 pips to weapons.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:57 pm

This is my current Conda configuration for trading between 2 stations (1 jump): http://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/08A7 ... da%20Trade

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice

Postby Icpmcp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 pm

VictoriaG wrote:This is my current Conda configuration for trading between 2 stations (1 jump): http://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/08A7 ... da%20Trade

I have a similar build but mine is more combat based and not as shieldbooster heavy as yours

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:15 am

Just put pulse lasers everywhere like everyone else does on every hardpoint on every ship. /rant.

Mine is all A, 432t, and I have all gimballed beams, but I wouldn't take it into battle that way. It's just for "boiling" fools that interdict me. If I were to take it into battle, I'd probably have a mix of turreted beams and turreted multi-cannons with either a PA or gimballed huge cannon on the C4, depending on heat/energy available.

Honestly though, the way AI gang up now, I don't know how long a Conda would last in a CZ, which is where you should test for combat readiness. It could probably do fine in a RES, but then, what ship wouldn't?
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “General Discussion”