The Python loadout thread: Big and ... strong?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

The Python loadout thread: Big and ... strong?

Postby uvelius » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 am

Well I have bought me a Python, a lovely big big ship which might be the biggest i will buy so far. I love its look and feel.
Yet i have no idea how to effectively take it into combat.

Therefore, after the Vulture and Courier loadout threads, here a Python thread. Please write down your experience with different loadouts:
- Budget -- up to 70 miln (like this?)
- Luxurious
- Combat-focused
- Trade
Interesting analysis found here on the main forum.

Which Shield Gen is sensible coupled with SCB? Which Thrusters do you need as a minimum for maneuverability in combat? Are B Grade thrusters enough, or even C grade? Which is luxurious and not really required?
Happy to hear about your snakies!

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Re: The Python loadout thread: Big and ... strong?

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:13 am

The great thing about the Python is that budget allowing. You can run straight A Spec everything without compromise. No need to juggle power settings at all.
A grade thrusters are much much better than the b class.
Basically what you use for combat loadout is also your trade set up minus a SCB.
My A rated carries 228 tons of cargo with A6 shields. Only difference for combat us to swap a 64 ton cargo for a 6A SCB.

Link to my build.
http://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/880/1774
Last edited by blazingmaniac on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:27 am

I bought mine recently and I absolutely love it. I can take on anything and I'm not even running the best fit!

here's my current loadout. It takes minimum power management because you can just eat through anything. and you can see my shiny python in action in this video if you missed it the other day

Just for example - I got interdicted by a Deadly sidewinder last night. My first thought was "wow... really? A sidewinder? you must have a deathwish", but then SEVEN other ships dropped and started attacking me. 6 sidewinders and 2 eagles. All of them masters/deadly.

They managed to take down my shields and 10% of my hull :D
ImageImage

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:31 am

Well as you will probably find out money talks in the Python and you don't really stop throwing money at it till you are full A spec. When you are working toward that goal I would recommend putting available funds into Power Distributor till A, then Shields, and finally Power Plant. Upgrade everything else in the order you see fit.

My base Python that I consider flyable has a changed over the last few months and now looks something like this. As you can see it costs about 80 mill and I don't consider it flyable without an A grade Power Distributor. If you play around with that load out you will see that it accommodates upgrading the the Thrusters, FSD, and Shield generator to A as long as the cargo bay is disabled like this

It uses mostly gimbaled weapons because I find the convergence on the Python to be a little weak. The 5B and 3B SCB are meant to be used in conjunction offering a good deal of shield recovery over the 6A with the advantage of an extra charge. Everything else seems self explanatory, but let me know if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps.

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am

My Python config is relatively cheap. It's set up for trade only, although i can still take down very light interdictions.

I have downgraded to class 3 shields and added a shield booster. FSD is A, everything else D. I can shift 280 tons on outposts and good if you're on a budget.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:56 am

Found myself with a bit of money, so bumped my last fitting up to A gear, but I don't think I truly need that A7 PP, 55 mil is a bit steep on this glorious boat, and the rebuy went from about 4 mil to almost 8...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 pm

TorTorden wrote:Found myself with a bit of money, so bumped my last fitting up to A gear, but I don't think I truly need that A7 PP, 55 mil is a bit steep on this glorious boat, and the rebuy went from about 4 mil to almost 8...

https://youtu.be/nuHfVn_cfHU

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:18 pm

This is my current All-Around Build.
http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07C6D5 ... =.Aw18eQ==

I am using Turrets cause I am lazy and since it is an all around ship, I tend to be interdicted a lot so I just see the wanted tag and pull one trigger and wait till I get money. Its decent in a CZ as well. Have not taken it into a RES yet.

3 Fire Groups:

1st Group
Fire 1 - 3 Pulses
Fire 2 - 2 Multis
2nd Group
Fire 1 - All Weapons
3rd Group
No Weapons - Discovery scanner and FSD Interdictor.

I am waiting to get an A rated Power Plant, because it cost more than the ship. :)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Here is my current fit.

http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07C6A5 ... =?bn=Donna

The main features, are:
6a shields with 3 0A boosters, 208T cargo hold.
Not a cheap fit, but can do 347m\s at top boost, the PDS lets me boost as much as I want to.
three gimballed pulses, and two gimballed multicannons (I just like multi's).

Works well enough for BH, that I have sold my vulture, tried the 7a pp, but it's not really needed and it costs as much as the ship itself.
Once I have infinite credit balance or something, it's very nice to be able to run this without power management.
At the moment, I only turn on the shield cell banks when I need them, and when I do, one of the pulse lasers is setup to deactivate, I however only need those for when I bite over a little more than I can easily chew :P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”