Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Wanted: Visual barrier tranparency technician

Postby Soulmirror » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Visual barrier transparency technician for a Type-6 explorer. Currently, station staff leave the cockpit windows streaky and clouded when leaving a station, various complaints to station staff have been met with docking fines.

Pay commensurate with experience, must be willing to wear evac suit during long transits when the windows streak or become splattered with space debris. I will set aside a 2 bay cargo area for living quarters. Survival of the exploration tour and pristine windows will give a 10% bonus to pay and an excellent reference letter.

Inquiries and resumes can be sent to the station master in Peraesii / Iben Dock or tight beam transmission to 127:598:312:99:012 :D

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Wanted: Visual barrier tranparency technician

Postby highlightshadow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:12 am

The problem is, the Visual Barrier Enhancement and Repairers Guide, ever since the introduction of the Visual Assistance Limited Liability Act 2956 they've refused to deal with Independent Commanders...

Section 7, Sub-section 5, paragraph 16 states:
"The limitation of liability contained in this paragraph 7.5.5 shall apply to the fullest extent permissible in law and shall be for the benefit of the Commander and their directors, employees and agents in relation to the work requested."

Section 7, Sub-section 5, paragraph 5 states:
7.7.5 These Terms and Conditions restrict Commander's liability for:
(a) Fraud; or
(b) Death or personal injury caused by its negligence or intentional or willful act;
(c) Damage to real or tangible personal property caused by its negligence or intentional or willful misconduct; or
(d) Any breach of obligations under these Terms and Conditions in respect of confidentiality and intellectual property; or
(e) Any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.

I remember a case in the Galnet where someone supplied the technitian with the wrong kind of AV suit and the poor soul became detached and floated off.

His family sued the Commander but they just got entangled in litigation for months and ended up as Imperial Slaves.... last I saw they were headed out to the frontier ... can't imagine it went well for them.
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

Return to “General Discussion”