Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 am

So with the release of Power Play I have become a dirty wanted criminal. I know I am being harsh but with fines in excess of 10 million and and a bounty of just shy of a million it is fare to say I am a wanted man.

How did I become a wanted man? The simple answer is assassinations and smuggling, but the truth is I simply played the meta game as it is now. As the game now sits "Honest" factions seem to have a higher chance to assign assassination missions to "retire" or terminate high value targets from their own or similar factions. As such I have locked myself out or away from some of my favorite system and because of this I moved to smuggling as it is the new way to have fun while trading.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a trick to clear your bounties or fines. Let me know in the comments if you would be so kind. Cheers!

*Update: I had multiple fines turn into a bounty of a few million, but I had another player use a KWS on me and then blow up my Sidey and It cleared my bounty.*

**Side note: One of the minor factions that had given me fines in excess of 4 million that turned into a bounty of an equal amount only payed the max of 1 million to the player that killed me.**
Last edited by StaticRadion on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Re: Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Postby Kiltrathi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:27 pm

The old trick perhaps?

► Show Spoiler

highlightshadow
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Lev von Shadow

Postby highlightshadow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:49 pm

That doesn't clear it .... all that does is make it dormant.... you'd have to have a PvP kill following a KWS to remove the bounty

At least in Mobius running around with a massive bounty on your head isn't attracting griefing like it likely will do in Open
King von Shadow
Loyal subject to Emperor Duval and the Princess Aisling Duval

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 pm

The old trick perhaps?

there was a bit of discussion on this subject elsewhere, but the general concensus was that intentionally offing yourself - or inducing someone else to do it - will result in a dormant bounty, not an expired one.

of course, they may have been talking shit too. only the devs know for sure, and they don't say much

---> ninja'ed like the slowpoke i am. oh damn these sluggish fingers, oh damn this feeble brain
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Well i guess I will head into open in a sidewinder near where the mercs of mikunn are. Should not take long for one of them to find me and take my bounty. If it does clear it and not just set it to dormant i will let you know.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:44 pm

i have 5k on my head because an NPC crashed into me while i was bounty hunting, its a real pain in the neck as its difficult to dock an anaconda without getting scanned and i'm wanted at the station where i store all my ships :(
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I went on the FDev forums, read about how to participate in combat PP, went out and tried it... and all I got was a 13k bounty :(

PillDoc98
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PillDoc98

Postby PillDoc98 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:14 am

Not to hijack the thread, but if u'r wanted, does that carry over to all factions and stations or only where it happened?
Say I friendly fire on someone in Eravate, will the system police still be after me in say Sol?

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:15 am

PillDoc98 wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but if u'r wanted, does that carry over to all factions and stations or only where it happened?
Say I friendly fire on someone in Eravate, will the system police still be after me in say Sol?

For all I know it's supposed to work like that, but when I got scanned in a station beside where I was wanted (I paid off the bounty in my head but I still have a bounty in a minor faction), a system authority said I was cleared to proceed.

Skeloton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Skeloton

Postby Skeloton » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Try playing with 516K not including about 30k dormant on your head. They're technically system bound but Ive started having trouble with NPC Python and Anaconda bounty hunters trying to kill me. Bounty hunters will scan you and see the bounty and attack you regardless of being wanted in that system or not. Though pirates ran from me when I tried mining.

Another thing I think the bounty skews mission selection, ive seen a humongous drop in lawful missions since I got this bounty.

P.s. If anyone wants that 516k I'll be hanging about in HR 706 in a sidey, where im wanted. Pls for the love of god kill me.....mercy murder!!

Return to “General Discussion”