Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounties - Are you a wanted criminal?

Postby uvelius » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Seems to be an interesting effect of PowerPlay. If you are not in trading, you seem to be bound to collect bounties on your head, while at the same time your own contribution doesn't earn you any reasonable amount of credits to pay said bounties off (unless you get into that higher rank with 5 mil per week income maybe).
So PP for non-traders seems to be for really really serious politicians only ... or do I miss something there?

Skeloton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Skeloton

Postby Skeloton » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:05 pm

PP, you can go to reskinned conflict zones called military strikes, trade supplies from the capital to controlled zones, trade intel from non controlled stations to controlled stations. Everything else = bounties. So now im sitting in HR 706 waiting, hoping, someone in Mobius will kill me. If not I'll go over to open play.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Skeloton wrote:PP, you can go to reskinned conflict zones called military strikes, trade supplies from the capital to controlled zones, trade intel from non controlled stations to controlled stations. Everything else = bounties. So now im sitting in HR 706 waiting, hoping, someone in Mobius will kill me. If not I'll go over to open play.

Need to see where that is compared to me. I have a Diamondback explorer with a C3 cannon I would like to try. Will hit you up in game.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Loriath wrote:
Skeloton wrote:PP, you can go to reskinned conflict zones called military strikes, trade supplies from the capital to controlled zones, trade intel from non controlled stations to controlled stations. Everything else = bounties. So now im sitting in HR 706 waiting, hoping, someone in Mobius will kill me. If not I'll go over to open play.

Need to see where that is compared to me. I have a Diamondback explorer with a C3 cannon I would like to try. Will hit you up in game.

And thus the "Please Kill Me" sub forum was crated from this humble post :D

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Am I a wanted criminal? I am now. :?

Some doofus bounty hunter flew between me and my target and now I have a measly 615cr local bounty that I can't pay off. What happened to the friendly fire/accidental fire exception? Maybe he didn't have any shields and took some damage (?). As I recall, before they fixed it, you would get a fine that you could pay off.

I'm not used to being wanted. What's the deal? Do I get to pay this off after a week, and I won't appear as wanted in other systems (except for a KWS scan)?
It's time to give this another go.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Yep......Good aint it.......

I whacked bounties up all over the place when it was in Beta.....

Now I am very careful.....

Or try to be......Depends on how drunk I am....

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Roger, a small fine like that should time out after about 15 minutes. Check the transaction tab on the left panel. It should say On H Jump. Jump out and back then pay it.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I'm not used to being wanted. What's the deal? Do I get to pay this off after a week, and I won't appear as wanted in other systems (except for a KWS scan)?

For such a small bounty, you should have to wait only a short time (not sure but maybe an hour—it's ten minutes for 200cr) and jump to a different system. The bounty will then turn into a fine, that you'll be able to pay in the system where you got it.

Edit: missed Loriath's reply.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Skeloton wrote:
Another thing I think the bounty skews mission selection, ive seen a humongous drop in lawful missions since I got this bounty.

I have experienced that too. I have a dormant bounty from Lawd 80 and since I got it (grazed a clean while fighting a wanted then dying ) I have mostly seen smuggling or criminal type missions.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Yeah, I took a break and had lunch. Came back and was still wanted. Jumped away and back and it changed to a legacy fine that wasn't even listed on the transaction tab. Stupid game mechanic, that is.

-Cheers
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”