Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

15% discount on Ships and modules

Postby Soulmirror » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:24 am

I was interested if it was a passive discount that could be applied even though I have not pledged to anyone. The short answer is , YES. I flew to Diaguandri / Ray gateway, sold my mods and my Type-6 for full price. Purchased a Diamondback Explorer for 1,610,546 instead of 1,894,760 and all of the mods at a 15% discount. Here is the original post and the discount is also listed in the powerplay guide I posted in tips and tricks. This should work for any port in Li Yong Rui controlled system. By the numbers:

cash on hand: Started 3,913,000 finished with 1,281,000.

Power plant C4
Thrusters C4
FSD C5
Life support E3
Pwr Dist C4
Sensors E3
Fuel 32
Cargo 8
Shield Gen D4
Fuel Scoop B3
Detailed Surface Scanner
Advanced Discovery Scanner

This will allow me to practice exploring and get in on the community goal while I learn the finer points. Hope the information about the discounts helps.

This will apply more to those of you who are not in the middle of nowhere foghorning, however a 15% discount applies PASSIVELY to all outfitting at stations he controls. Two High Tech ones I found are: Lembeva and Diaguandri.
MODULES
Goldstein Port in Lembeva carries almost every module possible (I've checked up to class 6). Diaguandri has about the same except the 5A FSD. Here are some examples of prices:
Adv Scanner - 1.3mil
A6 shield - 13.7mil
6A scoop - 24.4
6B scoop - 6.1
SHIPS
All ships he sells are at a discount as well! This includes but not limited to (Ray Gateway/Diaguandri vs. Irkutsk/Alioth):
Anaconda (124.9mil / 146.9mil)
Python (48.4mil / 56.9mil)
Asp (5.6mil, still cheaper in Alioth)
DB explorer (1.6mil)
DB scout (479k).

The Anaconda and DB Explorer were not available in Lembeva.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ALIGNED WITH LI YONG RUI TO GET THIS.
There are also some passive discounts to high tech commodities that would benefit a trader.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Re: 15% discount on Ships and modules

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:05 am

Yup yup, this is the reason I eventually pledged with him because he is low on the totem pole and i don't want to see this discount go away. Remember that the three weakest powers always have a chance of being destroyed. So if you find this to be the most important of all the passives help to maintain it.

Also take into account that the highest rank within the power allots 200% profit to exploration and a decreased cost of ship insurance if you are rank 2.

Everything considered if you are not hugely into powerplay and just want to be casual at least throw your wight behind Li Yong Rui to keep this alive.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:08 pm

would i be correct in assuming that if i took e.g. my Annie and Python there, stripped and sold them, and bought new ones - then the upgrades i bought (which are my old original ones) would be at the original expensive price due to the 'buy back' mechanic, yes? or would they suddenly be discounted too?

otherwise i'd have to buy the empty ships, leave, dock again and re-fit the ships to get the discounted upgrades
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm

clivewil wrote:would i be correct in assuming that if i took e.g. my Annie and Python there, stripped and sold them, and bought new ones - then the upgrades i bought (which are my old original ones) would be at the original expensive price due to the 'buy back' mechanic, yes? or would they suddenly be discounted too?

otherwise i'd have to buy the empty ships, leave, dock again and re-fit the ships to get the discounted upgrades

I don't know.

But if it's good for a Conda A8 power plant, it'd be worth the hassle either way. I will have to check it out.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Madhibby
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Madhibby

Postby Madhibby » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 pm

do you have a list of the goods that are included in the passive discount? Im down that way doing the explorer CG and will happily take the extra 15% profit with my T9 parked in lembava :)

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Well, his HQ doesn't have much in the way of high spec stuff. C8 PP, 6 level thrusters, and 6 level power distributors.

Also, the list price when I got there showed the discount price. So if I sold my A8 there, I'd only get 138M. That means you have to sell your stuff before you go there, and pray he has what you need.

BTW, it's his only High Tech control system, so no, not much help unless you're in a wee ship.

Just FYI.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks! Picked up a discounted Python :)

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:But if it's good for a Conda A8 power plant, it'd be worth the hassle either way.

good point. i'll take both my Annie and Python down there, they both have some stupidly expensive fittings on them and i could do with a cash injection right now

thanks to Soulmirror for sharing this tip, by the way.
p.s. 1.3.2 is incoming as i type, i hope this little perk isn't getting nuked as part of the patch
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:52 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Well, his HQ doesn't have much in the way of high spec stuff. C8 PP, 6 level thrusters, and 6 level power distributors.

Also, the list price when I got there showed the discount price. So if I sold my A8 there, I'd only get 138M. That means you have to sell your stuff before you go there, and pray he has what you need.

BTW, it's his only High Tech control system, so no, not much help unless you're in a wee ship.

Just FYI.

Yes it is his only high tech control system, but the 15% off is from all systems in his control even those that are just exploited, well as of 13.1.1. I have found that I actually prefer the selection at AASGANANU(HOUSSAY RING) as it is where I repurchased my Type-9 along with all modules for the base price of 65 mill.

I have a feeling at some point one of the patches is going to make the passives specific to only people who back the power in which it is given. Until then get in while the getting is good, if it is still good.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 am

StaticRadion wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Well, his HQ doesn't have much in the way of high spec stuff. C8 PP, 6 level thrusters, and 6 level power distributors.

Just FYI.

Yes it is his only high tech control system, but the 15% off is from all systems in his control even those that are just exploited, well as of 13.1.1. I have found that I actually prefer the selection at AASGANANU(HOUSSAY RING) as it is where I repurchased my Type-9 along with all modules for the base price of 65 mill.

I have a feeling at some point one of the patches is going to make the passives specific to only people who back the power in which it is given. Until then get in while the getting is good, if it is still good.

Well, I was going by my visit to his control system, which happened to be his HQ. Also using this link and the slide that shows the perks:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... 0cdb8a_0_9

I guess if you say you got the discount outside of one of his control systems, it's worth another trip to check it out.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “General Discussion”