For those of you that have captained an Anaconda...

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

For those of you that have captained an Anaconda...

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 20, 2015 4:27 am

I will very likely be able to trade in for one soon, but I suppose my question is...do I want to? I suppose I'm curious as to how it flies. If it's like hurling a brick through the sky, or if playing with FA will let you line up that Plasma Accelerator shot without too many problems? Has the landing pad ever proved to be a hindrance, or do you find yourselves moving enough cargo that you're not too worried about being able to land on an outpost?

For those of you currently shouting orders from the bridge of one of these bad boys (girls too) what do you find most enjoyable? Combat? Trading?

Is there anything you find particularly weak about it?

I guess I'm just information mining... thoughts? Comments?

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: For those of you that have captained an Anaconda...

Postby AndyB » Wed May 20, 2015 4:38 am

Combat in a Conda is the most fun, you can fit enough guns on one to melt an eagle or sidewinder in a single pass, shields and hull!

FA Off is useful for turning around, but its not something you use often as its easy to set the ship spinning. fit a good set of thrusters and the ship is nimble enough without needing it most of the time.

its one big draw back is that it carries a lot of inertia, you may be pointing at your target but if you've just turned on to them there is a good chance your ship if flying backwards! this can be a problem in a RES as you can very easily back into an asteroid while still going quite fast. for this reason i would suggest keeping to CZ's and Nav beacons when you bounty hunt, at least to begin with.

the only other drawback is the expense, mine is worth 384 million and i bought a lot of my parts at founders world (10% off)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 20, 2015 4:48 am

I had contemplated waiting until I hit Elite status to buy my 'Conda as well, but I suspect that will probably take some time, yet.

Thanks for the info, Andy :D

Anyone else? <.<

>.>

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed May 20, 2015 5:17 am

I have had mine about a month now and it is great, I run it with a reasonable weapon load out and can still shift 432 tons of cargo. I am no where near affording maximum power plant as it costs 150 million !! The power plant I am using is is the 8C but this runs a very reasonable loadout of the following.

1x class 3 Plasma Accelerator (this is in the Class 4 slot and will upgrade once I can afford the next level power plant)
3x class 3 Gimbaled burst
2x class 2 Multi Cannons
2x class 1 Missile launchers ( for the satisfaction of using missiles :D )

2x class A shield boosters
1x class A KWS
1x class D Cargo scanner
2 x point deffence

Basically you can do pretty much anything you want with the ship, trading just rakes the money in. Combat is a lot of fun, as AndyB said, it handles really well for the size.
I moved up from a full A spec Python and do not regret it at all, infact I have since earned enough money in the Anaconda to rebuy and refit the Python so best of both worlds :D

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Wed May 20, 2015 6:25 am

blazingmaniac wrote:Combat is a lot of fun, as AndyB said, it handles really well for the size.

i've not taken mine into combat yet - i'd hate to risk a 200 mil ship when i already have Vultures for that sort of thing - but anyone who interdicts me on a trade run ends up very very sorry. her very first fight was against a deadly Anaconda, and she acquitted herself quite well and sent it home in pieces.

mine doesn't carry anything like a KWS or similar, instead all of the utility slots contain A0 shield boosters apart from a chaff launcher and a point defence
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 am

I tend to fill every utility slot I can with A0 boosters as well...I have a thing for shields.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 20, 2015 6:36 am

This is what Red wears out on the town, these days...

► Show Spoiler

I think I would fit an Anaconda very similarly to this... maybe with a few minor tweaks.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed May 20, 2015 7:04 am

blazingmaniac wrote:infact I have since earned enough money in the Anaconda to rebuy and refit the Python so best of both worlds :D

just curious, how come that you can make so much money in the Conda? Sounds like a stupid question, but when I hear what Victoria is making during her RES or even CZ hunts, I am really impressed. I mean, you get only so many targets in a RES, and I already clear out them quite well in a Vulture -- let alone when flying in a wing. And trade seemed less profitable to me than fighting (besides, it is not my thing).

So how come? Because the Conda shoots down all small targets as well just on the fly through turrets? Is it as effective if you are only playing a couple of hours three or four times a week?

Otherwise, I would love to fly such an impressive ship -- something to work to.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 am

The bulk of the earning comes from trading. I am generally making 15 million per day with about 4 hrs game play per time. Not long after I got the conda I did the Diso CG. I also sold the existing Conda I had at Zaonce and rebought the discounted one.
Made top 5% in the CG then bought the python with that.
Then it was back to trading. I wing up with my son who has a type 9 regularly as well so I get a decent trade profit per run.
RES's are good when you get a good one but even then they are not consistent enough. With The trading I know I make 710,000 on the out bound trip then on the return I have options but on average it's 500,000 for the short trip or 1.1 million for the extended version.
Rinse and repeat basically.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed May 20, 2015 4:15 pm

uvelius wrote:
blazingmaniac wrote: And trade seemed less profitable to me than fighting (besides, it is not my thing).

I make $6.6M per hour in my Conda. That doesn't matter if trading isn't your thing though.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “General Discussion”