Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What ship next?

Postby StaticRadion » Fri May 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Mongorians wrote:Unfortunately that is not the case. The most I have made in an hour in the best RES I have found was 2.5 mill. After that its been 1.1-1.6 mill, I will have to give the type 7 option a try. Just need to research the best ways to plan a route and what trade tools to use.

Trade tools will help, but really you are looking for a mid to large High Tech system with a Refinery or Extraction system within 17LY. You buy Performance Enhancers, Consumer Technology, or Progenitor Cells at the one and Gold or Palladium at the other. If you want to get really fancy you look for systems with high supply and high demand at both stations. The former should be relatively easy to find with the latter taking time and or luck.

Just a bit of encouragement, but the numbers I quoted are very conservative. A triple A rated route will net 1200 one way and 1500 the other for a round trip of 2700 credits per ton. If you accidentally find one of those help a guy out with a PM.

A bit of personal advice for outfitting the Type-7 would be to not go unshielded. I have linked my old setup and one that is unshielded below and you will see they have the exact same jump range. Some would say that the 16t you gain for going unshielded makes a big difference but the 4-5 Mill lost in cargo and insurance when you crash hurts.

Shielded: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60X,mpW0- ... 27RA03w03w
Unshielded: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60X,,2-3m ... 207203w03w

If you need help with a route or anything else shoot me a PM.

klccd2
Harmless
Harmless

Re: RE: Re: What ship next?

Postby klccd2 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:32 pm

StaticRadion wrote:[quote="klccd2"]Is there any best(cheapest) system to buy a ship in, getting out of my type 6 into an asp hopefully

Last i checked the ASP in specific has a 20% discount for those with the permit to Alioth, Irkutsk Station. You are a lucky guy because even if you don't have the permit already the community goal that came out today should make it a lot easier to pick up.[/quote]
got it, to late oh well, have 14mil to deck it out and am still in my trade run system so will get that afsd shortly.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Re: RE: Re: What ship next?

Postby StaticRadion » Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 am

klccd2 wrote:got it, to late oh well, have 14mil to deck it out and am still in my trade run system so will get that afsd shortly.

If you are interested, you will lose 10% of the value when you sell your ship but save 20% if you buy the ship in Alioth. Not a big difference but it costs 5,328,922 at Irkutsk. In the long run it could be worth it just because of lower ship insurance and the ASP's tendency to spontaneously combust, unless they fixed its problem bursting into flames when the power plant it barely hit.

klccd2
Harmless
Harmless

Postby klccd2 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:04 am

Wow haven't heard that one yet, had it out and about nav points trading and still in one piece maybe they fixed it. To be honest Im not overly wowed by the asp so ive stripped shields (soft landings only!!) And setup for trading, means to an end I think it is. Cheers

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:26 pm

It's one of the things FD has really done right in my opinion.

The smaller ships are far from useless, and Eagles makes me go "wheee", whenever I think of vipers my mind travels to the song "Mustang sally" (ride Sally, riiiidee).

BH wise, you hit end game at the vulture, it can take down anything with it's large guns and manoeuvrability it's quite honestly too good.

Anything above this is so far multi purpose or for fun, for fun is why do it so that's all good.
But it is kind of sad that they don't have any real needs just yet.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”