Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Own more than one ship?

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Sun May 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Just two ships at the moment... a recently purchased Imperial Clipper fitted for general use and a Vulture for heavy combat.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Sun May 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Those are two good ships!

I've never traded up and currently own an Eagle, Cobra, Asp, T6, and Vulture, all pretty maxed out or close to it, especially my Asp and Vulture. At one point I played on the test server with a Viper and really enjoyed it so I'll probably make that my next purchase... but honestly other than the cool hotrod engine sound, my vulture is more than capable of being my primary fighter.
CMDR Emanon

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun May 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Just my Python 'Delphyne' at the moment, been through Freegle, Adder, Cobra, Type 6, Asp, Vulture, and Type 7. I miss the Asp the most, but found having more than one ship a pain.

That said, if I get the urge to explore again I'll probably get another Asp.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Backelaer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Backelaer

Postby Backelaer » Sun May 10, 2015 10:17 pm

I've got my first sidewinder stashed somewhere, a cobra for missions and all kinds of stuff, an Asp for exploring, and a Vulture for RES-farming / community goals. Got a Viper too somewhere.
And I've got a hauler which I use as a taxi between places. I tell myself I keep all those ships for practical reasons but the truth is I can't get myself to part from them as I had a lot of fun in each and everyone of em. (Aside from the Viper. I still keep it, but for the life of me, I can't think of a thing my Viper can do which my Cobra can't. Okay, it's a bit more agile, but the Cobra is tough as nails and has cargo space and jump range as well)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon May 11, 2015 7:35 am

AndyB wrote:a few:
6x sidewinders (bookmarks)

Rather expensive bookmarks, but it's a good idea and it looks like you can afford them! :)

I have 3, at the moment :
Asp
Vulture
Python
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 am

Got somewhere around 5-6 that I used extensively iirc. The rest were bought and stored on systems I wouldn't normally go with a ship that isn't configured for long jumps, which are mostly there if I ever need to use them on special occasions. Don't think I've sold anything else other than a Vulture; I needed the extra money asap for the outfitting of the Python and some pocket money for insurance.

Sidewinder
Eagle
Hauler
Cobra
Asp
Python

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am

Only the one at the moment, a max trade T9. With the two recent CG's that I was in finishing I can now get a second ship to focus on combat, probably a Vulture.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 am

"Princess Poppy" - Python
"Jochie" - Lakon Type-7
"Lapin Noir" - Asp Explorer

and some Haulers and Sidewinders I've used to travel back and forth to get these ships in the same location.

Dan L
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dr.Banzai

Postby Dan L » Mon May 11, 2015 9:45 am

lets see...
"Sophia" my elegant way to much spoiled Clipper ( solely for combat and being sexy)

"Fat bastard" my type 9 , that i try to only make 6-7 mil a day in so I dont get burned out from it.

"roustabaout" a 20ly jump cobra, just used to get me between my main rides.

"Honey badger" a fully tricked out vulture murder machine...that i occasionally go into open to deal some behavioral correction, and use it to help new commanders in the gentleman's club in RES areas.

"Tomahawk" my american flag painted viper...just because.

and 23 various eagles..haulers, and sidewinders , used as mental bookmarks whats nots...lol
"No matter where you go..there you are"

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am

Flip wrote:
AndyB wrote:a few:
6x sidewinders (bookmarks)

Rather expensive bookmarks, but it's a good idea and it looks like you can afford them! :)

yup, loads of credits :) i need them though as i plan on reworking my bookmark system to give some indication of what's there.

in future trade routes will be marked with a hauler one end and a sidewinder the other, systems with RES in them will be marked with a viper if it has a station and eagle if it only has an outpost while good systems to gain faction rank in will get an adder.

I was going to use Cobra's to mark good stations to outfit at but decided not to bother as i have access to founders world for 10% off.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Return to “General Discussion”