outcast-luc
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: outcast-luc
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Asp loadout

Postby outcast-luc » Sun May 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello cmdrs,

I just bought an Asp and want to know what do you think about this exploration loadout :

[Asp]
U: 0I Chaff Launcher

BH: 1I Lightweight Alloy
RB: 3D Power Plant
TM: 4D Thrusters
FH: 5A Frame Shift Drive
EC: 4D Life Support
PC: 2D Power Distributor
SS: 5D Sensors
FS: 5C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 32)

6: 4B Fuel Scoop
5: 3D Shield Generator
3: 2D Auto Field-Maintenance Unit
2: 1C Advanced Discovery Scanner
2: 1C Detailed Surface Scanner
---
Shield: 93.54 MJ
Power : 9.26 MW retracted (103%)
9.26 MW deployed (103%)
9.00 MW available
Cargo : 0 T
Fuel : 32 T
Mass : 325.6 T empty
357.6 T full
Range : 34.44 LY unladen
34.44 LY laden
Price : 14,119,149 CR
Re-Buy: 705,957 CR @ 95% insurance

Thanks

Fly safe :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Asp loadout

Postby Xebeth » Sun May 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi,

I'd fit heat sinks if you haven't already, these will be your emergency get of trouble solution. Also, you may want to consider a 5D or even 6D fuel scoop, you'll get the same jump range but a faster fuelling rate.

The AFMU is debatable, don't know, the exploration community seems split on how useful they are.

Also, have a bit of cargo space, it doesn't change your jump distance when empty, but you never know, there could be something out there worth bringing back ;)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Sun May 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi,

My Asp is now multipurpose-kitted. I want to do some trade when heading the rim. I have mining lasers and refinery too, because there's always pristine gas giants with pure metallic rings. AFMU is good to be on board. It is true that repairing in stations cost less, but If you're middle of nowhere, there's no station to fix your ship. (Powerplant + Cabin off course can be fixed only on stations)

I wait the 1.3 and the Diamondback. We see is that better for just everything than Asp

And for the end, Tommi Mäkinen's Rally meme "Something came up in the Asp of Timo"

Setup for E:D Shipyard format
► Show Spoiler

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Sun May 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Biggest, most expensive fuel scoop and maintenance unit you can afford - they weigh nothing

(Even if you have to upgrade the power plant a bit - the scoop is particularly worth it)

ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains

Postby ollobrains » Tue May 12, 2015 7:40 pm

id say u have 2-3 weeks before the diamondback is available. It costs nothing to sel modules when update from the asp.

You could do some mapping within a 1-2k LY sphere right round settled space. I would expect the diamondback will be highly expensive in 1.3 and youll need all the credits you can get ( and then longer range exploration) and you could be making rank and credits in the menatime (the cobra also has potential for short range exploration) but it sounds like youre beyond that sort of ship now. Plus the asp makes a great trader on the fringe sphere of settled worlds ( or mining ) where lots of small and medium pads are common and the asp can go places the type 7 and 9 cannot

Return to “General Discussion”