Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Eliath
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eliath
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Question for the Community

Postby Eliath » Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm

There is a member of this community has angered the Elite: Dangerous community with spamming, thread-jacking, and outright lies. At present, there is a 900 tons of Palladium bounty on his head for his actions and he is "hiding" within the Mobius server. Is there anything that can be done?

Further, I should also point out that in the heat of the moment I mentioned on Reddit that I would get him here. That could be construed as a threat to hunt him on the Mobius server. I wanted to state that it is not my intention to break my commitment of no PvP without agreed permission here. I value the PvE server and my membership here and would not endanger that membership by hunting this Commander here.

Thanks,

Eliath

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: Question for the Community

Postby Flip » Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Well, I'd suggest you to report him to Mobius by PM, with evidence of his misconduct, and he might get banned from here. The group is definitely not made for trolls to hide when they've pissed everybody off on purpose.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Rikki_Sixx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rikki Sixx

Postby Rikki_Sixx » Sat May 09, 2015 5:59 pm

If someone is intentional trolling the group forums, that's as much PvP as opening fire in-game in my opinion. Is there a way to report him and have him removed from Mobius?

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Sat May 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Eliath wrote: At present, there is a 900 tons of Palladium bounty on his head for his actions and he is "hiding" within the Mobius server. ?

That does remind me a bit of the Code group setting out bounties on players they claim being griefers or opponents to them. See their website. Any connection to that?
Furthermore, and even more important, is there any proof? But that would have to be checked discreetely by the admins of this group anyway.

Eliath
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eliath

Postby Eliath » Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 pm

The following link will identify the Commander that I am speaking of - for that I apologize, but there was no other way around providing evidence of his activities.

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/ ... yz_to_pci/

If you want further details, search Reddit for: Purple Central Industries

This all exploded early this morning 5/9. This situation has nothing to do with Code, it was the XYZ group that started the bounty, I believe the Mercs of Mikunn added to it.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 pm

The problem is, if he has broken no rules in mobius, what basis could he be removed? You can be a total douche in life but if you don't break the rules here, then it's a little hard to remove them. You can't do it just as a request from other groups, or to keep the peace elsewhere, or where does it stop?

And even if he was removed, there is that ultimate group. Solo. Can also clear a save and start with a new name, can you not?

I read the reddit stuff. There does not appear to be griefing, cheating, or ganking. Just douchery.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat May 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Loriath wrote:The problem is, if he has broken no rules in mobius, what basis could he be removed? You can be a total douche in life but if you don't break the rules here, then it's a little hard to remove them. You can't do it just as a request from other groups, or to keep the peace elsewhere, or where does it stop?

You're right, Loriath. However Mobius being the owner of the group, he's the only one who can make a decision in a case like this. Hence my suggestion to contact him privately. Discussing matters like this publicly on the forum is not the right thing to do.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun May 10, 2015 7:22 am

Flip wrote:
You're right, Loriath. However Mobius being the owner of the group, he's the only one who can make a decision in a case like this. Hence my suggestion to contact him privately. Discussing matters like this publicly on the forum is not the right thing to do.

Agreed. I think this matter and this thread has run its course.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains

Postby ollobrains » Tue May 12, 2015 6:47 am

As a right of reply there was a takeover and now a vendetta that was only within PCI, and on reddit. I closed the PCI group on mobious when the group broke down. At no point have any mobius rules been broken and any follow up by ex members of PCI, now that they have created a spiritual successor is merely just a vendetta/trolling/ongoing griefing and should just be ignored. A campgain across 6-10 various sites to "shut" me down is out of hand.

What happens on reddit stays on reddit, mobius isnt involved all of this carry on was an open world issue, because they haven been able to "hunt" me down in open theres a bunch of trolls now following me everywhere. I wish to leave it at that, eliath a good bit of advice now that PCi is now defunct on mobius and as creator i had the right to close it down thats the end of the story. You can of course restart the PCI syndicate group of which i wont be a part. Im playing by the mobius rules of their server pve only etc, im not hunting anyone down, i may be "hiding" or enjoying the game within mobius quitely or particpating in their other groups as a contributing member but please take this silly vendetta go run youre group and just be quite for petes sake and stop dragging everyone else into this.

As far as reddit different issue and i have no intenton of stopping posting there on whatever i feel fit but lets not continue to drag mud here. Whatever i do here now is my business, stop stalking/trolling within this fine community, stop srpeading more lies and blackening this characters name as it will soon backfire on you if u keep going a bit of sensible advice.

any pvp here is by mutual consent, i wont be hunting or pvping against anyone, i do not agree to youre silliness to pursu things further and even if u dont like it that is the end of the matter

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Wed May 13, 2015 5:47 pm

I personally care very little who populates this group as long as they follow the rules. I use the Mobius group to "hide" from the denizens in open if that's how we need to interpret it, and feel no shame. If you do add a clause to the rules to kick/ban folks based on arm-chair opinion and internet drama let me know so I can find another group... otherwise I don't know why this is here.

Slightly off topic, people get WAY to emotional about stuff in this game. One thing that does bug me about this game is the amount of drama folks get bent up about in addition to the entitlement issues certain backers have.

Return to “General Discussion”