Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Alien tech in Lave [from GalNet News]

Postby HAMM3R » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:29 pm

"Reports coming from GalNet correspondents in the Old Worlds this week have noted a sizeable surge in illegal technology being shipped throughout the sector.

Details as to the exact nature of the tech are currently sketchy at best. Some witnesses report large shipments of alien weaponry have been passing through the docks in Lave. Others claim rogue scientists operating in Riedquat have been experimenting with biomechanical enhancements. Still others say that a band of malicious software engineers from Quator have been working on a new type of hostile AI.

Whatever the truth, Commanders travelling to the Old worlds are advised to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity and to avoid all unknown wings when passing through the area."

Does this mean Thargoids are coming, or maybe another enemy in the form of experiment gone wrong :shock:
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock

Re: Alien tech in Lave [from GalNet News]

Postby qlock » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:37 pm

I saw that. Probably just means convoys to attack, but I'm game for ANYTHING different.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:47 pm

You're probably right. But would be great if they'd add Thargoids or other alien/enemy quietly among the updates and we'd only get rumours and hints from the news until someone actually made contact with them.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock

Postby qlock » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:53 pm

HAMM3R wrote:You're probably right. But would be great if they'd add Thargoids or other alien/enemy quietly among the updates and we'd only get rumours and hints from the news until someone actually made contact with them.

I like your thinking! This would go good with a distress beacon of some sort that cmdr's could see and come help/rescue.

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:55 pm

I would assume they would slowly start integrating the Thargoids in the news, wings fighting "unknown" ships and the like. Might be the start of it.

Looking forward to it.

ollobrains
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ollobrains

Postby ollobrains » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:06 am

Sounds like a buildup to these procedural weapons that were being bandied about by devs, not seen any funny business in pand yet

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:53 am

I'm hoping for aliens. It could bring players together (thus more pve than pvp) having a common enemy, not to mention the change of pace for everybody: traders bringing in weapons, explorers searching behind enemy lines, fighters blocking supply lines etc...

MrVyngaard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Stephen Wyngarde

Postby MrVyngaard » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 am

Nonsense, everyone knows there's no such things as aliens. Especially THARGOIDS. Poppycock.

*goes back to chittering into his comm to ready the rest of the hive fleet*

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 am

I haven't really played the older games, although I've read some stories about the Thargoids. The thought of getting abducted and ganged on by superior (not to mention completely alien) spacecraft while on FSD seems pretty scary.

Looking forward to how recruitable NPCs on your wing (in the future) would react against them as well. Maybe they can be used as meatshields or worse, shoot down your engines so you can be the meatshield instead lol. I wouldn't also mind dying just to see a capital ship get murdered by Thargoid ships.

Drkl0rd1
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drkl0rd

Postby Drkl0rd1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

qlock wrote:[quote="HAMM3R"]You're probably right. But would be great if they'd add Thargoids or other alien/enemy quietly among the updates and we'd only get rumours and hints from the news until someone actually made contact with them.

I like your thinking! This would go good with a distress beacon of some sort that cmdr's could see and come help/rescue.[/quote]

I love that idea. It would be very sneaky of them to do that, but sounds like fun...all the more reason to read the news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
- Yoda

Return to “General Discussion”