Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby Colin The Grey » Sun May 03, 2015 1:34 pm

clivewil wrote:
Shadowed wrote:his is the kind of system I have been looking for

LTT 4961, that's where i am right now.
they even sell Vultures there, so i didn't have to go hunting for one nearby :)
no C3 gimbal beams though :( have to make do with pulses

Godel Dock in Quivira had C3 Gimbal beams - or at least they did last night :)

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sun May 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Colin The Grey wrote:Godel Dock in Quivira had C3 Gimbal beams

thanks, but ouch - that's 150Ly away, a bit too far to go to fit out a temporary ship*

*i fly my Asp long distance to wherever, build a Vulture there from whatever's close at hand, use the Vulture, then strip and sell it, and fly the Asp home again. i already have a 'perfect build' Vulture back home, about 120Ly away

----> i found one in the very next system, Tjindjin i think? only 5Ly away. these systems are so high-tech that i can *upgrade* but i can't *downgrade* - so i had to do some really hairy power fiddling because i couldn't exchange my B thrusters for C or D. my Modules screen looks like a mess, but it works :)
Last edited by clivewil on Sun May 03, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun May 03, 2015 5:16 pm

"NLTT 8653"

Oooooo I think I may move my fleet then. Sounds like a better area than Fawaol.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Nightbringerx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pulsaar

Postby Nightbringerx » Mon May 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi, names CMDR Pulsaar, I have just moved into Iota Persei to hunt.
So if anyone wants to group up, let me know.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Fri May 08, 2015 4:02 am

With 1.3 coming soon, I wanted to find an Empire system with a good RES-Station placement. I can't wait to buy an Imperial Courier and try some loadouts on it. This system will hopefully sell the Courier as well because it does sell the Imperial Clipper.

Empire High Tech
System: Zeta Horologii
Station: May Port
26 Mm - 22 ls LS from RES

It has a 'fog' effect at the RES that is white instead of yellow as the previous post of mine had. The white fog is around 20-30% darker than the yellow fog which makes it an easier RES to fight in.

Edit: After coming back with my discounted Anaconda (Zaonce has a 16% discount for certain ships going on currently) I noticed that the RES can come as close or closer than 24 Mm to the station. Coupled with the far better visibility and the nice part selection at the station, makes this the best system I've found so far!
Last edited by Shadowed on Sat May 09, 2015 4:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jace Faolan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Jace Faolan

Postby Jace Faolan » Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 am

Nerthus-Muller Station RES site is only 28 ls away ;) not as close as some of these others but close, oh it's Empire too.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Wed May 13, 2015 4:51 am

I just went through a backlog of systems and I am taking a little break from searching. I'm frustrated that I cannot find a station as well equipped as Walker City in Iota Persei.

There are many decent systems that are closer to the major factions, but they all have big faults (Night cycles, poor inventory at stations, poor visibility) or are too far away to collect bounties in a reasonable time (Zeta Horologii). I'm moving my ships back to Iota Persei for now, as I am trying to configure my discounted Python and Anaconda to what I like. It is a really nice home base in general. If anyone can find a station as well equipped and as close to RES that is closer to the major factions, please post it!

For anyone who wants an RES farm that looks fantastic, check out Rzeppa Hub in 63 Chi Leonis. It is an Earth-like planet with rings. It is the most wildly impractical system I've been in to RES farm, but it is secluded and looks great. If you like inconvenience, 63 Chi Leonis is for you!

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 13, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm not sure if this is still being updated or not, but in Federation space (Near Sol) there is an independent system called Fusang. The station (Cleve Vision) is less than a lightsecond away from Fusang 3 where there are several RES. They are usually situated as such that I have always been able to avoid hunting at night, even though the planet is fairly large. This station has a very large selection of great ship components, as well as a 12 ship shipyard, including Vulture, Python, Anaconda, Asp, and Fed. Dropship (for those of you who may be interested.)

Ohh...and it just so happens to be my current home system.

Look me up if you stop by!

Edited: A bit of info on the day/night cycle.

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies

Postby stummies » Wed May 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Ran into my first random player last night. Was the first person I've interacted in game with since joining Mobius a month or so ago. Generally people were AFK in a station when I came across them. I almost didn't notice at first, was flying about when I realized I had another CMDR (CMDR Puke) targeted, sent a hail and we farmed in a wing for 20 or so minutes before I headed to bed.

I keep moving around trying to find good RES systems. My 14 year old started to play so I had traveled to the starting area but I'm pretty close to going back up to He Bo or some other system that I had decent RES sites. It's hard to find them though, at least where I am. Before I moved back to this area I was finding good systems like crazy, now either stations are too far away, or all of the extraction sites are clustered next to eachother inside of the shadow of the planet. I don't mind pissing local factions off, adds to the fun being attacked without warning.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Wed May 13, 2015 5:16 pm

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote:I'm not sure if this is still being updated or not, but in Federation space (Near Sol) there is an independent system called Fusang. The station (Cleve Vision) is less than a lightsecond away from Fusang 3 where there are several RES. They are usually situated as such that I have always been able to avoid hunting at night, even though the planet is fairly large. This station has a very large selection of great ship components, as well as a 12 ship shipyard, including Vulture, Python, Anaconda, Asp, and Fed. Dropship (for those of you who may be interested.)

Ohh...and it just so happens to be my current home system.

Look me up if you stop by!

Edited: A bit of info on the day/night cycle.

I'm merely taking a break from actively searching. Fusang looks like a really nice system for RES farming. I found a few similar systems in that area already, but they all have rather large flaws. I haven't visited Fusang yet, so would you mind posting how many ls Cleve Vision is from RES?

@stummies I highly recommend Iota Persei or Zeta Horologii for easy RES farming. Iota Persei's Walker City has a a great inventory and so does LHS 1446 next door. Both are always-day for good visibility.

It is difficult to find the perfect RES. They all seem to have flaws. That is why I am trying to make a decent list of the good ones.

Return to “General Discussion”