Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Need more CMDRs at RES Farm!

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Shadowed wrote:I'm merely taking a break from actively searching. Fusang looks like a really nice system for RES farming. I found a few similar systems in that area already, but they all have rather large flaws. I haven't visited Fusang yet, so would you mind posting how many ls Cleve Vision is from RES?

Of course! I'll have an exact distance for you as soon as they're done fixing the gimbals on Red's burst lasers (i.e. as soon as I get home)

I do know that the distance is less than 1Ls, as the Cleve Vision station orbits the same gas giant as the RES. The station is just a stone's throw from the edge of the planet's rings. It takes less than 30 seconds to reach the RES from there. :mrgreen:

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Update: Exact numbers are about .73 Ls from station to RES, depending on which site you head to.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu May 14, 2015 10:35 am

I've been working a RES that may be worth adding to the list:

In Federation space, Ross 775, Gamow Gateway station is 3.65 ls from a RES (there are two others in this system, but they are 65+ ls away). Gamow is a large high-tech port, with great outfitting and ship selection. If they don't have what you want, LP390-16 is close by and also has a great outfitting selection. There are also several good trade routes nearby if you like to have some relaxing E:D mission running & trade activity.

I will be looking for a new home very soon as the local pirate faction now considers me 'hostile'. It certainly adds excitement to bounty hunting, but I don't want to loose my Vulture because of a mad pirate. :)

Happy hunting!
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

stummies
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stummies
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby stummies » Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 am

Went to Fusang last night, per suggestions by UnmarkedBoxcar. Really nice setup, station right next to a planet with 5 nicely spaced RES locations. Station also has 12 ships for sale and can fit my FDL up to A except for the shield generator. Going to stick around here for a while.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Thu May 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Fusang has a great location. Close to all the major factions. I'm gonna move over there after I am done upgrading my ships. If there is a better RES-system than Fusang, it will most likely be in the vicinity. Having all the factions nearby makes cashing in those bounties easy.
edit 3: nvm, all those suck but Fusang is really nice!

5 RES less than 1 ls is great. Fusang is:

~25 ly from Empire
8 ly from Federation
~74 ly from Alliance

I bet there are more advantageous systems with a more convenient location, but they are tough to find!
Last edited by Shadowed on Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Thu May 14, 2015 6:52 pm

My neighborhood is growing! :mrgreen:

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Thu May 14, 2015 7:20 pm

This is a great idea, but I am wondering if you could take it one step further. With Power play and its additional features just around the corner I find myself looking for a High Tech system with a station close a RES. I am looking for a home where I can farm bounties or mine and not have to leave the system to sell what I have mined for decent or even large profit.

Shadowed
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shadowed » Thu May 14, 2015 7:47 pm

StaticRadion wrote:This is a great idea, but I am wondering if you could take it one step further. With Power play and its additional features just around the corner I find myself looking for a High Tech system with a station close a RES. I am looking for a home where I can farm bounties or mine and not have to leave the system to sell what I have mined for decent or even large profit.

For mining, LTT 4961 has major reserves. It isn't a great system because of how bright the RES are.
My goal is to populate a list consisting of systems that are really close to Federation, Alliance, and Empire for collecting bounties quickly. Also, the system should have a well-equipped station with multiple RES nearby (less than 3 ls).

It is really difficult to find a complete package, but I'd say LTT 4961 is the most complete system listed; it just burns retinas.
If you are just bounty hunting, Fusang, Iota Persei, or Zeta Horologii are pretty good.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks for the info, I looked up LTT 4961 in the galaxy map and it looks perfect. I mean if they at some point offer the ability to mine planets it gets even better. The system is really the complete package, but I guess I am going to have to see what you mean by "burns retinas" and if i can handle it.

Sorbicol
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sorbi Col

Postby Sorbicol » Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 pm

I'm going to farming the RES sites at Iota Persei for a while. Just been and got about £750k in bounties for an hours work, probably the most lucrative hour I've had in the game so far not counting the Diso CG.

Thanks for the Tip!

Return to “General Discussion”