Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

What's wrong with the AI?

Postby HAMM3R » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:53 pm

I got interdicted just as I was about to disengage from SC. Thought to myself "Okay, here we go again. I'm running empty, I have no shields, no guns. Time to die for nothing, unless I manage to outrun the sucker of course." But no, once I was out of SC and getting ready to boost the heck out the guy just swooped around my ship and took off :shock:

Made me wonder, has FD actually tweaked the AI so they won't be demanding for non-existing cargo and going PK on your ass like they used to.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What's wrong with the AI?

Postby Walter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:21 am

I think the 'I' still stands for 'Idiot'.

Ameena
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Ameena

Postby Ameena » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 am

I've had that a couple of times, a few weeks ago I think it was - got interdicted but then the other ship just randomly kind of flew past me without doing anything so I just reactivated my FSD and carried on :D.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:06 am

It's not happened to me for a few weeks, but it has definitely happened before.

And today, I've been interdicted three times by NPCs demanding I hand over my cargo (I'm in a vulture with no cargo space) and they went hostile the instant their scan finished.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:11 am

Apparently the hopes of finally having intelligence in the AI were premature. Although looking at how the NPCs behave, the AI should be called AG (Artificial Grieferigence) :mrgreen:
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just

Rhysling
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Rhysling

Postby Rhysling » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Slightly off-topic, but the AI has definitely been tweaked, though I've really only noticed it in stations. If there's a human player and several NPCs leaving a station now, the NPCs will wait for the human to leave, instead of putting themselves in an orderly queue. I never did understand why people complained so much about NPCs in docks - I sat and watched them on a number of occasions, and they clearly had A Plan. It's weird now though, just seeing two or three of them hanging in mid-air, apparently waiting for me to go first... :shock: So it wouldn't surprise me if the devs have changed roving NPCs not to demand cargo, though I still find I'm being interdicted and attacked whether I've got cargo or not in most cases. I just wish they'd concentrate on the C in NPC, rather than stringing together crowd-pleasing algorithms.
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:18 pm

HAMM3R wrote:I got interdicted just as I was about to disengage from SC. Thought to myself "Okay, here we go again. I'm running empty, I have no shields, no guns. Time to die for nothing, unless I manage to outrun the sucker of course." But no, once I was out of SC and getting ready to boost the heck out the guy just swooped around my ship and took off :shock:

Made me wonder, has FD actually tweaked the AI so they won't be demanding for non-existing cargo and going PK on your ass like they used to.

Could have been the systems security services or a military patrol. I used to get those quite a lot after 1.1, they just pull you over and as long as you haven't been naughty they just buzz you and leave.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:28 pm

It has gotten better but I'm sure we are going to have some wonky behavior from time to time.
CMDR Emanon

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:24 pm

TomoRosso wrote:Could have been the systems security services or a military patrol

Forgot to mention in my initial post that it was an Eagle* plus I didn't get the "All clear, carry on" message system sec sends after checking you out.

*At least I've never seen system secs sporting Eagles. It's always been Dropships and the likes.

MaccGyver
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MaccGyver

Postby MaccGyver » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:42 pm

I just really wish that SAV's for factions I'm a respected ally of would stop pulling me out of SC repeatedly, often multiple times in a row, to check up and make SURE their ally isn't actually up to no good. Especially when they don't even bother to KW or Cargo scan me.
I can fix that.

Return to “General Discussion”