Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

So traded in my A rated Cobra

Postby Colin The Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:49 pm

And bought myself a nice shiny new Vulture....

Then spent about an hour trying to find an A rated FSD for it and some Gimballed Class 3 Bursts.....

Was worth the time though - been bounty hunting in RES - made 1.4M in bounties in about an hour - with no running out of ammo resupply runs like I had with my cobra and sure feel a lot safer when in combat, didn't lose my shields once - which is a nice change :)

Liking the Vulture - it's a fun ship to fly - and those Burst lasers sure take care of a 'Condas Power plant - usually kill the Conda before its hull is below 60%. Power management is a pain though - just got myself an A rated power plant so that will help.

Might keep this ship till I have the funds for a Clipper .

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Re: So traded in my A rated Cobra

Postby Malphator » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Sad, sad day for the Cobra, when the Vulture went live. All I ever seem to use my precious Black Betty for anymore is as a high jump range shuttle. LOL.

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:11 pm

Malphator wrote:Sad, sad day for the Cobra, when the Vulture went live. All I ever seem to use my precious Black Betty for anymore is as a high jump range shuttle. LOL.

Every time I need to go between ships I buy a hauler and put in a class A FSD, then sale it. :P

But yeah, the Vulture is a great ship. Trying to get monies to make mine the best! ^_^

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Colin The Grey wrote:...Might keep this ship till I have the funds for a Clipper .

I already had the clipper and went to the vulture. It's certainly more fun, but I think it will get nerfed, so I still have the clipper under a tarp at a station, somewhere.

Zeroxephon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Zeroxephon

Postby Zeroxephon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:35 pm

I am only 9 mill away from getting a FDL. Cant, freaken, wait!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Maxed out......They are the dogs bollocks.......

Might actually get one as a Christmas present the way I'm going......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Malphator
Competent
Competent

Postby Malphator » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Nanosmo wrote:
Malphator wrote:Sad, sad day for the Cobra, when the Vulture went live. All I ever seem to use my precious Black Betty for anymore is as a high jump range shuttle. LOL.

Every time I need to go between ships I buy a hauler and put in a class A FSD, then sale it. :P

But yeah, the Vulture is a great ship. Trying to get monies to make mine the best! ^_^

Hahaha. I've done that at points, too. Been tempted to fall back to that, and just get the monetary assets back out of the Cobra. Not that it's really an awful lot, right now, with it stripped down to nothing and jacked up with all the cheapest E modules so I can have that hard cash to put into other ships. Haha. I think if I did sell it I'd only get maybe 200k for it. I can make that in ten minutes doing an assassination.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:30 pm

How do you manage the power settings with 2 Bursts? Mine were depleted within seconds. With a B rated power distributor. Now sticking with Pulses again. Oh I just forgot, one Pulse and a brand new, unused Plasma Accelerator after the Lungh conflict bonuses, let's see how that rocks.
This one ...

And yes, I kind of liked the fight in a Cobra more than in the Vulture, the rattling of MCs after melting down the shields ... since the Freagle can't deliver enough punch in a Combat Zone re. runs out of cannon ammo too quickly.
Last edited by uvelius on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malphator
Competent
Competent

Postby Malphator » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

uvelius wrote:How do you manage the power settings with 2 Bursts? Mine were depleted within seconds. With a B rated power distributor. Now sticking with Pulses again. Oh I just forgot, one Pulse and a brand new, unused Plasma Accelerator after the Lungh conflict bonuses, let*s see how that rocks.

And yes, I kind of liked the fight in a Cobra more than in the Vulture, the rattling of MCs after melting down the shields ... since the Freagle can't deliver enough punch in a Combat Zone re. runs out of cannon ammo too quickly.

Looks something like this. http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60N,5Dd5D ... E12G10i10i

Have to disable my cargo scoop and the fuel scoop to run everything in combat, but that's fine.

Also, if you plan on sticking around in system to do stuff for a while (such as CZs), you can easily downgrade the FSD for more power to play with.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Postby Colin The Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

I tend to fire the bursts in errr well bursts lol - prob a second between each shot - very rarely have I had to wait for them to cool down.

Took it out for a spin again tonight, about 2 hrs in a RES just bounty hunting.

ed.jpg
ed.jpg (7.52 KiB) Viewed 2549 times

About 2-3 times more than I was earning with my Cobra.

Return to “General Discussion”