Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
BarkingMad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Barking Mad
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Whats better in your opinion?

Postby BarkingMad » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Too much thinking going on. Just get out there and shoot stuff!!

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Kitted out my Vulture LIKE SO yesterday and took it for a spin around the CZs in Lugh. Getting it all to work took a little tweaking. And I could still put on some armor, if I felt like it. I seem to do well enough without it, however. Those 5A shields are beast, with boosters.

Prior to the Bursts I was using a similar (and cheaper moduled) setup with a shield cell bank in place of the fuel scoop (that I do have to turn off to use all those shield boosters, haha). With that 5A shield they kinda turn useless. Not to mention the whole "Just jump out and back in to recharge" exploit. Is that an exploit? It sorta seems like it, but... it's still there.

Regardless! Back on topic, those Class 3 bursts eat shields up in no time, and even do a hell of a number on power plants when you get in close.

Zeroxephon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Zeroxephon

Postby Zeroxephon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Malphator wrote:Kitted out my Vulture LIKE SO yesterday and took it for a spin around the CZs in Lugh. Getting it all to work took a little tweaking. And I could still put on some armor, if I felt like it. I seem to do well enough without it, however. Those 5A shields are beast, with boosters.

Prior to the Bursts I was using a similar (and cheaper moduled) setup with a shield cell bank in place of the fuel scoop (that I do have to turn off to use all those shield boosters, haha). With that 5A shield they kinda turn useless. Not to mention the whole "Just jump out and back in to recharge" exploit. Is that an exploit? It sorta seems like it, but... it's still there.

Regardless! Back on topic, those Class 3 bursts eat shields up in no time, and even do a hell of a number on power plants when you get in close.

How does your set up even work? You are 10% over power with your hard points out.

Also it looks like Pulse and Burst lasers have better armor penetration than beams, even though they are all A rated.

As far as shield boosters making it take more time for shields to come back on line.... I figure if my shields go down, I should probably be running away anyway. I do have a C4/C Shield Booster, that I think I may get rid of. It maybe gives me back 1 ring of shields and half the time I need to use them, I am getting pounded on so hard I cant activate them fast enough before shields do down.

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Zeroxephon wrote:How does your set up even work? You are 10% over power with your hard points out.

This is where power management comes in. The higher the priority number the less important, so most people put the FSD in the last priority when weapons are deployed.

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Yes. I have my cargo scoop and the fuel scoop powered down, which puts me at arouhd 98 or 99 percent. So.. yeah. VERY close. lol. My FSD, at priority 2, sometimes goes on and offline when I'm in a dogfight. Has never been an issue with getting away clean, though. I originally had a SCB in there instead of the fuel scoop, but the power plant couldn't hack it with the 5A shield and the bursts. So yeah... disabled fuel scoop. lol. I can disable a couple boosters and kick it on, when I need it. Not as though you need the boosters while scooping anyhow.

Zeroxephon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Zeroxephon

Postby Zeroxephon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm

I did not know that about the priorities. My FSD is at 2, so that might explain whey every once and a while I will see "FRAME SHIFT ONLINE" pop up on my screen when I am in an intense battle. Seems my ship is turning it off for a few seconds to divert power.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Zeroxephon wrote:I did not know that about the priorities. My FSD is at 2, so that might explain whey every once and a while I will see "FRAME SHIFT ONLINE" pop up on my screen when I am in an intense battle. Seems my ship is turning it off for a few seconds to divert power.

Is that really what is happening?

I'd always thought it was when your ship was no longer completely mass locked by a larger vessel.

Return to “General Discussion”